Level III Staff RN - Clinic - Anaheim Kraemer Med Office 2 - Ambulatory Infusion - Per Diem
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 15, 2022
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional
nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision,
Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible
to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and
effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats
co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the
following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
* Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of
Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
* Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
* Understands own and team members scope of practice and escalates
issues as appropriate.
* Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
* Champions new ideas.
* Leads and directs others through the change process.
* Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and
issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
* Participates in problem identification and resolution.
* Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations
and patient care activities
* Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
him/her accountable for performance.
* Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
* Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
* Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and
standards of practice.
* Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating
the outcomes of that plan.
* Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, and
* Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database,
on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs,
and appropriate acuity.
* Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
* Monitors the patients progress based on the plan.
* Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
* Ensures care meets standards of practice.
* Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan
including discharge barriers and patient/family education. Ensures
that patient clearly understands discharge instructions. In
outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family
education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management
* Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications
and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus
prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
* Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies and
discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient
condition, treatment or discharge.
* Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as
at the time of discharge.
* Charting is accurate, legible, dated, and timed.
* Documentation reflects nursing process and interventions and
* Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently for optimal
* Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
physicians and other members of the health care team.
* Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
* Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of
data, assessments, and evaluations of patient outcomes.
* Participates in departmental performance improvement activities,
i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, and improving.
* Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles and practices.
* Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and others
Patient Care Experience:
* Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
* Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient requests.
* Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers ability
to utilize resources.
* Maintains and protects patient confidentiality
* Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
* Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect, kindness
* Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively listening
to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
* Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
* Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members
* Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible,
cooperative, and willing to assist others.
* Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
* Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
* Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
* Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings as
required, actively participates in other departmental professional
development. (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
* Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
* Keeps self informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
* Adheres to Attendance Program. Reports to assigned area promptly,
being present and available for report at beginning of assigned
* Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership environment
through unit based teams.
* Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
* Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
* Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
* 1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent
experience in acute care, ambulatory care or home
License, Certification, Registration
* Registered Nurse License (California)
* Basic Life Support
* Recent Chemotherapy Experience Needed
* PICC didactic course and recent (within the past 3 years) PICC
insertion experience may be required.
* If administering chemotherapy, a current ONS Provider Card or
APHON is required.
* ONS/ONC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate
* BLS Certification
* Excellent Peripheral IV Access Skills
* Second Location Irvine
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Kraemer II Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri, Variable Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End:
04:30 PM Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B13-AFSCME-UNAC Job
Level: Individual Contributor Department: Anaheim Kraemer Med
Office 2 - Ambulatory Infusion Center - 0806 Travel: Yes, 10 % of
the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
See Additional Requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Anaheim , Level III Staff RN - Clinic - Anaheim Kraemer Med Office 2 - Ambulatory Infusion - Per Diem, Administration, Clerical , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!