Expert ASIC-FPGA Design and Verification Engineer
Posted on: July 31, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us. Position Overview:Boeing Defense Space &
Security seeks Expert Digital ASIC-FPGA Design and Verification
Engineers to support the Satellite Capabilities organization and
multiple satellite product lines based in El Segundo, CA.Position
- Develops Company technology development strategies and
integrates product specifications into technology strategies.
- Supports development of technical aspects of critical
- Leads development of Company make/buy strategy for electronic
- Develops, designs and conducts research that results in new
product offerings or business opportunities.
- Represents the Company in industry research and development
activity related various aspects of electronic products design,
manufacture and test.
- Works independently.
- Leads design and verification engineers, reporting status to
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to
architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and
- Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Evaluates and integrates third-party IP and verification IP
- Stays current on new technologies and best practices.This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic
relocation is available for internal candidates.This position must
meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):--
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 20--or more years' of experience in digital ASIC/FPGA design
- Work experience using Verliog or SystemVerilog.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree and 25 or more years' experience in digital
ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master's degree with 23 or more
years' experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree
with 19 years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Experience developing, designing, and conducting research that
results in new product offerings or business opportunities.
- Experience representing the Company in industry research and
- Experience leading technical aspect of proposal
- Experience leading teams of design and verification engineers,
reporting status to program management.
- Experience with radiation hardened ASIC and FPGA design
- Experience working other engineering teams (e.g. board
designers, system engineers, requirement engineers, reliability
engineers, engineers), to ensure the ASIC/FPGA functions safely and
reliably when deployed by assisting in Worst Case Circuit Analysis,
IO timing, IO type selection, life analysis, software con-ops, MTBF
- Experience creating and improving department process guidelines
and procedures (e.g. engineering standards, checklists, process
- Experience evaluating and recommending technology that is new
to the organization.
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from
customer and system requirements.
- Experience designing digital ASIC/FPGA architectural design
documents (micro-architecture documents with timing diagrams,
detailed design blocks, etc.).
- Experience deriving digital ASIC/FPGA requirements
specification from higher-level (system or board-level)
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of
technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure
compliance with requirements.
- Experience developing complex and high data rate designs.
- Work experience performing RTL synthesis.
- Work experience performing clock cross domain analysis
- Work experience performing Static Timing Analysis and
correcting timing violations.
- Work experience writing Universal Verification Methodology
(UVM) sequences and virtual sequences.
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN),
- Work experience simulating a digital design using
- Work experience using Object Oriented Programming concepts:
Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Work experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM):
Experience creating drivers, monitors, predictors, and
- Work experience creating a self-checking simulation testbench
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.Typical Education /
ExperienceEducation/experience typically acquired through advanced
technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required,Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.--
Keywords: Boeing, Anaheim , Expert ASIC-FPGA Design and Verification Engineer, Engineering , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!