Mid Level Substation Design Engineer
Company: POWER Engineers
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities POWER Engineers.is
currently seeking a mid level Electrical Engineer with experience
in substation--protection and control--(P&C) and/or physical
design. This position is--in the Power Delivery Substation
Department of our--Anaheim, California--office.
- Perform and direct others in the detailed--design of medium to
extra high voltage utility substations.--
- Perform detailed design of one-line diagrams,--elementary and
wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable
sizing/routing, substation physical layouts,--selection of
substation equipment, writing of substation
equipment--specifications, proposal development, construction cost
estimates, and project scheduling .
- Occasional travel will be required.-- Required
- BSEE (BS Electrical--Engineering)--degree, from an accredited
university, preferably with a power option.
- Experience in 15kV--through 345kV--substation design and
- Experience filling the role of substation design engineer for
several projects occurring concurrently.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in utility substation
design as outlined above. --
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language
with good written and oral communication skills in order to work
effectively with internal team members and external client
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in
the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship. Desired
- Five (5) or more--years of experience in--utility substation
design as outlined above.
- Experience in 345kV--through 500kV--substation design.
- Experience in managing small project teams.
- Professional Engineering license (PE).
- Managerial and leadership skills a plus. At POWER Engineers,
Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to
challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to make a
positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of
diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and
training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas
and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our
clients' first choice. These traits - and deep technical skill -
account for our success. Have fun, do good work, make money. As an
employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an
appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find
challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive
compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and
an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun
engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works
well for us.
Keywords: POWER Engineers, Anaheim , Mid Level Substation Design Engineer, Engineering , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!