Reliability Engineer I
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: May 12, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the Role:Under the direction of the
Manager for Reliability Engineering, contribute to the reliability
and development of manufacturing and support equipment. Improve the
reliability of manufacturing equipment, utilities, critical systems
and maintenance processes by applying the principles of Reliability
Centered Maintenance. Apply Root Cause Analysis methodologies to
improve equipment that support manufacturing operations. Measure
reliability performance and demonstrate success of improvements.
Support capital projects. May be assigned other responsibilities.
You will provide technical support to the manufacturing and
maintenance functions for operating the equipment and processes.How
you will contribute:
- Develop the maintenance strategy, plans, SOPs, parts lists,
BOMs and frequencies for new and modified equipment.
- Perform the review, improvement and update of Maintenance SOPs,
Parts Lists, BOMs and CMMS data integrity for existing
- Perform data analysis of corrective work orders in CMMS to
identify trends and area focus for improvements
- Perform functional equivalency assessment of spare parts.
- In collaboration with engineering, manufacturing, and
maintenance personnel perform or support troubleshooting of
- Conduct or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Complete Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) improvement
projects in assigned area.
- May provide support for audits.
- Help implement predictive maintenance across the facility
- May prepare and participate in technical reviews of equipment
- May participate in FAT and commissioning of new or modified
- Identify cost/waste/energy reduction opportunities
- May be assigned change control, Quality CAPA and Safety CAPA
- Report project and operational metrics
- Familiarity with cGMPs is a plus
- Must have knowledge of the core engineering principles: heat
transfer, mass transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
- Familiarity with Biotechnology manufacturing operations such as
purification, fractionation and their support systems such as CIP,
SIP, HVAC, plant and clean utilities, is a plus.
- Knowledge of common biotechnology manufacturing equipment such
as pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, mixers, valves, centrifuges, and
filter presses is a plus.
- Passion for Improving Lives: Can put our patients at the center
of everything we do.
- Quest for Innovation: Can operate with a learning mindset so
that we can accelerate new innovations.What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering discipline required. Some
related experience preferred.
- Desired: Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical specialty
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, you will have a combination of sedentary work and
walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Can work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
Will follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over
the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial
fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold and wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Non-Exempt Roles only: Can work overtime as required.
- May work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.What Takeda can
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people
to shine:Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO
applicants#GMSGQ #ZR1EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment
to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - CA - Los
AngelesWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Anaheim , Reliability Engineer I, Engineering , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!