Mechanical Engineer Specialist
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Specialist
Job Code: IMS20222804-81522
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position is responsible for general structural and thermal
analysis of power conversion equipment and other Navy based
electronic systems. Knowledge of mechanical layout and packaging of
such systems for high voltage and high power applications is also
desirable. Given the system complexity, the associated
responsibilities and assignments require the exercise of
considerable initiative, planning, and independent judgment. This
role shall demonstrate technical acuity which encompasses
interpretation of specifications/requirements and resolution of
complex design and analysis problems.
- Reviews and interprets specifications and requirements of power
conversion equipment to determine structural, thermal and safety
critical characteristics/considerations for the mechanical
- Prepares material and labor cost estimates for proposed designs
- Works directly with all engineering supporting disciplines from
concept through final product design and production
- Responsible for project budget/schedule adherence.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical design and
analysis. These efforts include thermal analysis, structural
analysis, electronics packaging, and mechanical concepts, for new
and updated products.
- Provides subject matter expertise for all aspects of structural
analysis including static, dynamic, acoustic, and vibro-acoustic
- Coordinates and reviews the work of the program design team,
provides direction for design and analysis details, and supports
the preparation of mechanical drawings.
- Supports qualification-testing requirements, as needed.
- Reviews and approves project documentation, change requests,
etc. and ensures appropriate documentation on projects.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and production to develop
product requirements and solutions.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace
Engineering with minimum 4 years of prior related experience; or
Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
with minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience. Must have
experience and/or training in mechanical engineering.
- Experience using 3-D CAD software tools in design function.
Autodesk Inventor [preferred], or equivalent modeling software
(solid modeler) experience a must.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with structural analysis
software ANSYS Workbench [preferred] or equivalent. The candidate
must be familiar with software modules for static, dynamic, and
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics software ANSYS
Icepak [preferred] or equivalent. The candidate must be familiar
with steady state, transient flow, and thermal modules.
- Knowledge/experience in military and/or industry specifications
and standards pertaining to design, testing, hardware, material,
- Knowledge/experience in Navy/Military Specifications for
environmental qualification testing.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with Power Conversion or similar
high-voltage/high-power type equipment
- Skilled in vibro-acoustic and acoustic design of electronic
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute own tasks with minimal
- Excellent technical writing skills demonstrated through
authorship of technical documentation such as design reports, test
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Anaheim , Mechanical Engineer Specialist, Engineering , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!