Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Safety ManagerNOTE: The following position is for proposed new /
future business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the
work experience requirements will be considered.First Transit is
seeking a Safety Manager who is a subject matter expert in safety
programs for large paratransit operations to help First Transit
secure a new contract. The Safety Manager ensures compliance with
federal, state, and local regulations. We hire individuals who make
safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the
drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for
you!First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment
of adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide
safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training,
recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist General Manager with safety training and
meetings. Review accident reports to reduce number and severity of
accidents, maintain complete safety files (example is accident
report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping.
Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and
work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company
- Must be able to obtain required license for the all vehicles at
the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a
Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.Safety Manager
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public transportation with
3 years in ADA paratransit safety management
- Completed the Transit Safety and Security Program Certification
program or willing to obtain one after hire
- Must be a Certified Industrial Hygienist or willing to obtain
one after hire
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, field work,
maintenance facility and transit vehicles.First Transit is a
leading provider of transportation contract and management
services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First
Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals
through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services
and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada
and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding
customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other
providers in the industry.FirstGroup is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a
drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San
Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent
with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or
Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.DNP #LI-SH1
Keywords: First Transit, Anaheim , Safety Manager, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!