Project Manager (Security & Life Safety)
Company: Climatec, LLC
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Level 1 - Must be able to achieve many objectives of this
position. Requires some amount of timely supervision to ensure the
proper tasks are being accomplished and that communication is
adequate, timely, in the correct manner (i.e. verbal, written,
- Level 2 - Consistently achieves all of the objectives of this
position. This individual also provides mentoring and direct
day-to-day supervision to level 1 positions.
- Senior - Highly experienced in the position. This individual
has a deep understanding of the many systems installed and
maintained within the division. May act as a lead to assist others
on very complex project tasks. Also provides mentoring and direct
supervision when required on projects.
- Supervisor - In addition to tasks on senior level, responsible
for supervising direct reports.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides input to sales and operations regarding the technical
and business considerations for construction or direct owner
projects. This input could be associated with areas such as
estimating, value engineering, timing, special resource needs, or
other aspects peculiar to specific projects.
- Ensures project is booked correctly and that all necessary
forms are completed for both internal and external purposes.
- Ensures project documents, estimate, and other information are
available to all necessary personnel to maximize Climatec s
productivity on the project.
- Determines if customer expectations are similar to Climatec s
and if these can be achieved based upon Climatec s estimate or
contractual scope. Provides feedback on this as appropriate
internally and externally.
- Identifies and resolves potential project issues.
- Accurately forecasts costs for each area of the project and
tracks these over time to achieve budget and forecast goals.
- Invoices projects timely and is actively engaged in collections
to minimize aging.
- Coordinates material orders and timing with Material
Coordinator to maximize cash flow and material handling efficiency.
Ensures all equipment is compatible and will function properly to
achieve the required sequences.
- Coordinates with Subcontractors or internal installation team
to achieve maximum value in installations.
- Completes the monthly WIP re-forecast.
- Recommends technical solutions to sales and operations. Assist
Sales team during estimating phase.
- Identifies change order opportunities and coordinates with
sales to document, pursue, and book them.
- Provide support to Climatec and other contractors to solve
building operating issues that go beyond the controls or special
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure
Climatec labor is accurate and timely and estimated productivity is
achieved in all areas.
- Provide leadership and input to others as requested or required
to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start
up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as
consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to
ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for
existing building systems.
- Reviews all engineered submittals ensuring adherence to scope,
budget, and customer expectations as well as location standards. As
required, provide input on employee goals and progress on these to
supervisors and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two year technical degree in Electronics related studies
preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical, Construction
Management, or other related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job
training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- An understanding of basic computer operating systems.
- Basic use and experience with fire alarm, card access,
security, and intercom systems.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer
- Some experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt
meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic
circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including
breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and
perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work
through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer
and employee satisfaction.
- Level 2 and Senior Project Managers have a very deep
understanding of the DDC or special systems that control buildings.
They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical
and electrical portions of building controls.
- Level 2 and Senior Project Managers also have the experience to
provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building
- Be able to lift and carry ladders, drawings, personal
computers, material, etc.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking on
- Be able to climb several flights of stairs or ladders
throughout a typical day on a construction site.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Climatec s
vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company
- Be physically able to kneel, stoop and crawl.Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Keywords: Climatec, LLC, Anaheim , Project Manager (Security & Life Safety), Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!