Director IT Infrastructure
Company: Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and
since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los
Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a
full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery,
tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of
domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a
Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people
to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for
enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us.
We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and
fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a
sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you
are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and
want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer
opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family
member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and
flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit
www.northgatemarket.com.JOB SUMMARY:This is the highest role in the
infrastructure and operations (I&O) function within IT,
accountable for IT I&O throughout the organization. The head of
I&O is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure
and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and
services across the enterprise.The head of I&O brings current
knowledge and future vision for transforming the I&O function
including its strategy, service offerings and workforce. The role
holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally
sourced infrastructure and operations capabilities.As a key member
of the senior IT leadership team this role contributes to the
development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is
responsible for ensuring I&O strategy is fully aligned,
positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the I&O
organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and
operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive
capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service
portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources,
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and
business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business
needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective
delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Creates and aligns an I&O value map by linking targeted
business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities
required to achieve them.
- Develops and controls the annual I&O budget to ensure that
it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the
enterprise and is within plan.
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated
ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and
- Collaborates with the Head of Information Security to ensure
I&O embrace and apply security strategy.
- Operates a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor
effective controls for the processes and functions performed by
I&O teams. Supports periodic reviews by internal audit,
compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the
enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions
in the achievement of business goals.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be
incorporated into I&O products and services to successfully
deliver overall IT strategy.
- Champions I&O involvement in the IT organization's
innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions
to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life
cycle of design, development, operation and support of IT
- Directs the development of an I&O sourcing strategy and
provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute
workforce plans that ensure I&O can supply skilled resources to
meet current and future demand.
- Develops the maturity of I&O to improve efficiency, deliver
new innovations and increase collaboration with other business
areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service
- Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the
development of enterprise technology standards, governance
processes and performance metrics.POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
equivalent work experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in IT or business/industry
- Three or more years of leadership responsibilities, including
strategy, budgeting and staffing
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across
the organization and within complex contexts
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in
leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic
environments where agile was applied at scale.Knowledge/Skills
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and
communicate an I&O's vision that inspires and motivates staff
and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment
where resources required for success may not be in direct control
of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic
planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific
knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many
variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the
willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring and
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management,
preferably with showback and/or chargeback models
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O's
technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing
- Knowledgeable in how to apply I&O's capabilities to achieve
regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Expertise in establishing and improving DevOps, as well as
other working practices (e.g., ITIL).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic
staffing plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles
at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and
- Experienced in leading cloud adoption (at scale), including
establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects
and modifying I&O's target operating model.
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and
measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with
sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to
business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O's
- Must be a high-energy manager able to delegate and mentor
effectively, and roll up their sleeves as needed to achieve results
and/or demonstrate effective behavior.
- Effective understanding of Microsoft technology stack systems
configuration and management (Windows Server, Active Directory,
Exchange, SQL Server, SCCM, etc.).
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple
projects simultaneously.Physical Demands and ConditionsThe physical
demands described below are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate
individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- The employee must frequently walk, talk or hear, and reach with
the hands and arms; occasionally, the employee must crouch or
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20 pounds
carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift
moderate amounts of weight;
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job requires the ability to travel.
- The work environment is that typical of an office and retail
store. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICEThe job duties, elements,
responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational
factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job
description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks
that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves
the right to revise this job description at any time and to require
employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of
its business or the work environment change.Northgate Markets is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your
Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired
will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the
United States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.Northgate Markets will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the
California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).
Keywords: Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc., Anaheim , Director IT Infrastructure, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!