Sr. Manager, IT Business Applications
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Responsibilities & Duties (Critical Success Factors):
- The Sr. Manager will work with the Chief Information Officer
(CIO) to support leadership with respect to technology
- This role will have management responsibility for current
related positions of programmer /developer and database
- Detailed understanding of business processes and best practices
to develop and maintain ERP solutions.
- Lead various application teams in the development and upgrade
of the company's application portfolio.
- Develop strategic plans for various application technologies
and assist in appropriate assessment of same.
- Prepare initiatives for information systems and application
systems through efficient coordination with internal
- Write business requirement documents (BRD), statements of work
(SOW), produce project estimates, develop timelines, and project
plans, and draft functional documents.
- Assist various departments in appropriate implementation of new
applications and application upgrades.
- Drive Azure cloud data platform architectural decisions and
development projects following industry standards related to D365
common data model.
- Monitor and create robust ETL processes specifically in the
Azure DW using Azure data pipelines, Azure functions, SSIS, SQL,
APIs, and industry best practices.
- Troubleshoot ETL process as needed. Ability to identify bugs
and apply fixes. Check data sanity and integrity by means of
- Design and implement end-to-end data solutions (storage,
integration, processing, visualization) in Azure. Prepare and
implement various resource and budgetary plans within applications
- Determine and execute various management programs and services
and ensure support to organization.
- Coordinate with vendors and prepare appropriate communication
for all application suites.
- Maintain knowledge on new technologies and incorporate it into
implementation of new software.
- Develop cloud reporting solutions with data from multiple
sources including D365.
- Ability to designs and administers high availability and
disaster recovery database solutions using Microsoft
- Manages Install, Configure, Patching and Upgrading for SQL
Server Database Servers.
- Act as an expert technical resource for cloud data modelling,
data warehouse architecture and analysis efforts to support
business team goals.
- Provide expert decision support and business analytics,
providing the analytical data for business reports and client
applications such as Power BI, Excel, Reporting Services reports,
and other data visualization tools.
- Design and monitor data loads from multiple sources, flat
files, EDI files to data warehouse.
- Monitor job scheduler and takes corrective actions necessary to
maintain data integrity.
- Work and manage projects with external vendors, as necessary.
Essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- College degree (BS /MS) in Computer Science or related field
- 7 - 10 years' experience with emphasis on leading applications
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with various
business units required.
- Expert understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life
- Ability to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle
multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues.
- Direct experience enabling business performance through
application software and business processes.-- Provide leadership
in ERP solutions supporting business users in multiple locations.
- Well organized, easily manages and prioritizes projects in a
- Understands global business processes /reengineering and can
work across IT, Sales, Operations, Supply Chain and Finance, can
clearly explain technical issues in a way that everyone can
- In depth knowledge using Microsoft technologies e.g., .Net, SQL
Server, SharePoint, Flow, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O.
- Thorough understanding of HTML, Java based web applications and
XML.-- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, tools for sharing,
collaboration, and workflows.
- Strong hands-on experience in Azure data platform including
Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse
Analytics), Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Extensive hands-on experience in end-to-end architecting,
configuring, implementing, and administrating databases and data
- Strong experience with data warehousing ETL process design
/development /support (Microsoft Azure data flows, data factory,
SSIS, SQL). Solid understanding of database design and best
- Strong knowledge in reporting platforms such as SSRS, Power BI,
SSIS, SSAS, etc., Report Builder including complex stored
procedures using T-SQL, MDX queries.
- Excellent understanding of star /snow-flake schema, SCDs and
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and
- Knowledge of transfer files /File Transfer Protocols FTPS,
SFTP, HTTPS, AS2, etc.
- Familiarity with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) methodology
is a plus.
- Team leader that develops and maintains specialty web and
mobile solutions, integrated with the core ERP solution.
- Leverage 3rd party application services and consulting
expertise as appropriate.
- Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models,
Database mirroring, Replication.
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of data integrity
- May require extended work hours and/or schedule flexibility as
unexpected situations and/or workflow dictate.
Targus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we
are committed to creating an inclusive environment to all our
Keywords: Targus, Anaheim , Sr. Manager, IT Business Applications, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!