Director, E-Commerce Systems
Posted on: February 20, 2021
The Director of eCommerce Systems is responsible for building
Pacsun eCommerce IT system solutions with cross-functional partners
to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including business
planning, content strategy and development, customer segmentation,
digital marketing campaigns, website design, web analytics and web
The primary responsibility is to partner with Pacsun business all
IT departments to maximize the value of salesforce.com Commerce
Cloud and Marketing Cloud, and other tools and technologies used
across the digital landscape to drive new opportunities, increase
digital revenue and profitability, improve customer experience, and
address challenges and risks.The ideal candidate is innovative,
analytical, and passionate about owning the digital technologies to
support Pacsun eComm and Digital Marketing business.
- Serve as a Pacsun eComm and Digital Marketing technology owner
and project owner to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage,
implement and test all digital systems and solutions.
- Participate in developing and executing strategic and tactical
eComm and Digital Marketing business plans, provide technology
architecture and solutions.
- Provide expertise on salesforce.com Commerce Cloud and
Marketing Cloud best practices. Consult on cross-functional
projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated.
- Provide technology and architecture leadership across the eComm
and Digital Marketing landscape, evaluate and benchmark new
application frameworks, platforms and technologies, architect the
future state and the roadmap.
- Consistently evaluate new technologies, maintain technical
familiarity with all core eComm and Digital Marketing platforms and
security, Introduce new technologies into the organization as
appropriate (proactive) to improve business processes.
- Manage the digital customer experience including site
navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional
- Develop and oversee the planning, QA and execution across the
websites, mobile app, and marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency,
accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Direct, plan, and deploy frequent high-quality sprints and
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses in the system architecture.
Anticipate vulnerabilities and orchestrate contingency plans.
- Work closely with all IT teams and consultants to optimize
system integration, improve inventory integrity and accuracy,
increase conversion rates, improve customer experience, and
implement solutions to monitor web performance and security.
- Collaborate across business functions to negotiate and drive
issues to resolution.
- Leverage site data and analytics to develop customer
segmentation and insights, optimize the overall web experience,
consistently analyze, measure and provide actionable plans to
support business growth.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and cross functional
teams such as IT, eComm, Marketing, Store Ops, Planning and
Allocation, Retail Merchandise, and Finance.
- Manage the financial aspects of the eComm and Marketing
technology administration, budgeting, vendor engagement,
purchasing, and cost management.
- Define the software development standards and best practices
for agile, secure, scalable, highly performant, and supportable
- Maintain a complete set of architectural artifacts that
accurately reflect the systems, all interactions and data flows,
the underlying infrastructure, and the business capabilities and
user roles, supported or impacted by the solution and its
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external
personnel to effectively develop the digital solutions. Work
closely with IT leadership team to guide and direct technical and
professional growth of technical staff. Mentor IT associates and
foster a learning and growth environment.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and
confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships;
driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency,
collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers
- Serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high
level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate
feedback and interaction.
- Drives for results and understands that effort is not the same
- Delivers quality in everything he/she does.
- Understands need to explain the business implications of the
challenges and needs that technologists see and is able to
negotiate for those needs among the many competing demands. Is
willing to compromise and build bridges.
- Knows that IT exists to support the business through growth but
also through continuously. increasing operating efficiency. Also
knows that as technology continues to disrupt every. business,
his/her role is to guide our business in its strategic use of
- Key business partners include the functional leaders of Eddie
Bauer digital experience and marketing.
- Key external software, SaaS, and professional services
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years' proven leadership of large retail eCommerce and
Digital Marketing projects.
- 10+ years' experience of B2C or B2B eCommerce and Digital
- Hands-on extensive knowledge of e-Commerce technology and
Digital Marketing technology.
- Must have hands-on architect level of knowledge and experience
with Salesforce.com Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud, and eCom
- Strong understanding of ecommerce systems architecture with
working knowledge of strategies that will lead to continued success
and growth in online retail.
- Knowledge of both leading and legacy IT architectures, tools,
and services including but not limited to: public cloud computing;
serverless computing; ETL and data management techniques; AMP and
progressive web app techniques; headless applications and
- Experience with best practices in software delivery including
DevOps, Agile/Scrum methods, CI, automated functional and
performance testing, and the tools that support these
- Experience with information security, PCI compliance, and other
audit and regulations.
- In-depth understanding of eComm platform performance testing
methodology in preparation for successful peak season
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while
maintaining schedules and adhering to budgets.
- Ability to follow an established business case justification
process which involves developing project level of effort costs and
timelines assumptions to establish an ROI by partnering with our
financial planning team.
- Familiarity with project management governance skills including
providing project sequencing recommendations and overall project
status updates. Familiar with Jira or Atlassian Product Suite, or
other project management tools.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Can-do attitude and a motivated leader, able to be a constant
positive force in the company.
- Ability to function in a high-paced, changing and sometime
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or
- It's a plus to have Salesforce.com Commerce Cloud and Marketing
Keywords: PACSUN, Anaheim , Director, E-Commerce Systems, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!