Physician Director of Medical Operations Anaheim-Orange
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Do you want to use your leadership skills and expertise
knowledge of medicine to help heal the workers of America's
workforce. At Concentra, we serve 44 states in 522+ clinics across
the country. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving
purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering
the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and
caring manner. We do this by putting our patients first.Position
summaryBuilds clinical teams focused on service delivery, driving
key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business.
Also, responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining
internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures
superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience.
Accountable for clinical management of all sites (centers and
on-sites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of
the time spent at sites.Responsibilities:The Details
- Ensures quality and patient safety through the execution of
clinical model across markets and service lines.
- Manages key clinical metrics and holds clinicians accountable
for PI's, case length, days to first recheck, COP, Specialist
Referral Rate and other disability management and referral pattern
metrics delivered by Clinical Analytics.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and intervenes in outlier
- Maintains clinical proficiencies in patient care and EMR/PM
systems to support the ability to coach and fill in as needed.
Identifies need for Coding and EMR Specialists intervention for
- Participates in appropriate risk management activities.
- Drives patient and client experience/satisfaction metrics such
as TAT, NPS, NPER, ENPS.
- Mentors clinicians on service delivery (e.g. managing difficult
- Works collaboratively with therapy and operations to ensure
appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for
- Maintains and demonstrates relationships with employers,
payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to
drive market growth while responding to requests within 24
- Mentors and coaches clinicians regarding the clinical model,
outcomes, business metrics, patient/client satisfaction and center
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent
life cycle for clinicians within the region including recruiting,
hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement,
retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensures patient care delivery teams are functioning at an
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism,
patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and
reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple fields and
teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and implements action plans to address gaps in
financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve
the annual business plan.
- Plans and carries out strategies as well as new clinical and
business processes within the region.
- Manages clinical staffing and personnel costs.
- Manages and monitors key clinical metrics including
efficiencies, cost per encounter, coding and documentation, and
others, while understanding the relationship between these and
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.Scope measures
- Direct reports: Center Medical Director (CDM)
- Indirect reports: In the absence of the CDM(s) will oversee
Center staff and medical professionals
- Budget responsibility: YesQualifications:Education/credentials
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, or other Primary Care
specialty (such as Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal
- Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction
as required for clinical and/or business duties
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from
- ACLS Certified preferredJob-related experience
- Minimum five years directly applicable experience including
relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical
- Preferred three years of experience in managed care, physician
management and occupational/preventive medicine consulting with
- Experience developing and leading medical quality improvement
programs, preferably in a managed care setting.Additional
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights,
no weekends, no holidays - along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine
Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus ProgramIf you're looking for an
organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it
does its patients,Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Keywords: Concentra, Anaheim , Physician Director of Medical Operations Anaheim-Orange, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!