Logistics Fleet Manager HD - Days Rotating
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Logistics Manager - Home Delivery
About this job:
CarMax rolled out Home Delivery over the last two years, and this
role will be responsible for executing and expanding capabilities
to ensure today's customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way
that suits their lifestyle. The Home Delivery Logistics Manager,
will be the vital link between a customer's online buying
experience and their home delivery, providing an iconic car-buying
What you will do Essential Responsibilities
- Directly manage territory Home Delivery Drivers including the
performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal Home Delivery and fleet drivers to share
goals and strategy in local market
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development
through timely andeffective feedback, to include individual
meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual
Performance Review (APR) processExecuting day to day operational
- Directly manage regional Home Delivery drivers including fleet
safety within the region
- 98% execution of appointment times, Bill of Lading utilization
as determined in each lane by the senior manager, dwell time
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with
- Maintain a home delivery schedule throughout the day by
answering incoming calls
- Problem solve and exercise judgment to make modifications to
daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Cultivate strong relationships with the Alternative Delivery
Team, Regional Leadership, Local Logistics Managers, Store
Leadership, drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with
drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for
consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is
trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to
identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine
priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information
captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and
- Partners with Logistics, Auction Services and Business
Operations to produce daily ship plan with staffing
- Partner with third-party vendors to provide fleet coverage as
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment
to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibilityInternal Fleet Management:
- Monitor ELD for violations or safety concerns and provide
feedback to Home Delivery drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all Home
Delivery drivers' USDOT qualification documents and USDOT
requirements are current and in compliance with USDOT
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to
- Partner with Alternative Delivery Team, Technology, and Home
Office Logistics team to align performance and future needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two + years managing a fleet, required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to
act as principle point of contact for the department.
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers
and associates across departments.
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business
- Identify business opportunities and suggest
- Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department
decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and
acceptable timelines for dispatching.
- Requires non-manual work that may require walking or standing
for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that will include nights,
- Must be comfortable working in a combination of both office and
outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or
inclement weather conditions
- Requires ability to travel 50% or as required.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to,
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional
- Internal Candidates: Completion of MDP Required.CarMax is an
equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: Carmax, Anaheim , Logistics Fleet Manager HD - Days Rotating, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!