Director, Strategic Finance
Company: CFO's Domain
Posted on: June 22, 2022
About CFO's DomainCFO's Domain is a Consulting & Recruiting firm
serving CFOs and their stakeholders. Our search practice recruits
and works with the most relevantly skilled and pedigreed
professionals looking to excel in their careers.
About our ClientOur client is a rapidly growing innovative
manufacturer of sustainable packaging. They are fulfilling a
growing need among a handful of specialty markets with a mission to
provide solutions that customers and end consumers feel really good
Our client is using technology and innovation to address the global
food waste problem. They operate the only business-to-business
online marketplace that connects farmers with commercial produce
buyers, allowing them to buy imperfect and surplus produce.
OverviewThe Director of Strategic Finance reports to the CFO and
works closely with the leadership team and the company to drive
results, produce reporting and analytics, and provide financial and
strategic insights to improve operational performance.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who thrives in a
fast-paced workplace, is flexible with changing tasks and
objectives, and wants to do exciting, meaningful, impactful work in
a cutting-edge business/industry.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesFinancial Planning and Analysis
- Provide complete financial management and decision support for
all functional areas of the company.
- Work closely with business leaders to report, manage and
control operating results, identifying areas of both growth
potential, and cost efficiency.
- Lead, plan and direct the development and analysis of budgets,
forecasts and strategic plans, working across all functional areas
of the business, and institute monthly reporting / tracking.
- Provide accurate cash forecasts through scenario modeling to
inform strategic decisions.
- Scale financial infrastructure, including banking, systems,
tools, and processes, including expense reimbursement, AP/AR,
contract management, cash management strategy, etc.
- Manage and establish key banking, vendor, and external
accountant / valuation relationships.
- Work closely with Leadership on ongoing basis to evolve overall
strategy and evaluate risks and strategic scenarios, providing
knowledge of financials drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs
- Develop long-term capital strategy for the business, leveraging
existing and new financial partners to make smart and strategic
capital decisions as we scale.
- Support and lead execution on capital strategy, including both
venture debt and equity capital, creating investor materials and
models and leading due diligence efforts.
- Support investor and external stakeholder communication,
including investor reporting, Board communications and cap table
- Support key strategic initiatives (e.g. M&A) and perform
scenario analyses as necessary.
- Provide key business stakeholders with broad financial and
operational support, including ad hoc strategic analyses to
optimize business performance for new and existing initiatives, and
defining / monitoring business KPIs.
- Establish high standards of performance and create a climate of
mutual accountability that delivers expected business results.
- Build analytical frameworks, forecasts, and dashboards to
support transparency and smart and quick decision-making across and
within the team.
- Lead quarterly and annual goal-setting processes including
developing sales targets and building sales and marketing
compensation plans in order to hit revenue goals.
- Conduct market research, create business models, and facilitate
strategic conversations with department leaders from around the
business to understand key trends and competitors.
- Manage accuracy and consistency of business data collection and
analysis across the organization (including Salesforce, Looker and
marketplace data) with the support of a Business Operations
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management
consulting, or VC/PE.
- 2+ years of experience of corporate finance or business
operations at high-growth companies.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with FP&A, general accounting principles,
corporate finance processes & operations, and business
- Both strategic and detail-oriented; able to see the full
picture, understand opportunities and risks, and willing to be
- Effective at working cross-functionally, building alignment and
influencing/leading change management through the use of
- Ability to establish credibility and influence at a senior
leadership level, across all disciplines.
- Strong ability to objectively formulate opinions and defend
viewpoints with executive business partners when needed.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical, problem-solving, strategic
and critical thinking, project management and financial modeling
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - skilled
in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications in a
clear way to a diverse audience.
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently, as well as
work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, successfully
prioritizing across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an
unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity.
- Exceptional Excel / financial modeling skills including
M&A, capital markets and valuation experience.
- Advanced PowerPoint and executive level presentation
- Savvy / quick learner with Tech tools & systems (e.g.
Salesforce, BI tools).
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or equivalent
experience knowledge (FP&A, investment analyst, CFA).
- Opportunity to work on a great mission - solving food
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to
significantly grow and learn.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K benefits.
Keywords: CFO's Domain, Anaheim , Director, Strategic Finance, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!