Posted on: June 23, 2022
Our client is a Private Equity owned global business and leader
in the flow control industry. They design and manufacture valves
and pumps for the power generation, oil and gas, water, mining,
chemical, refining, petrochemical and industrial sectors. The
company recently consolidated two of their manufacturing
facilities, creating the second largest facility in the group and
the largest from a US perspective. Located in Fresno, California
the plant is earmarked for significant growth and investment, and
is set to become the groups largest facility globally in 2023. The
consolidation has created a plant that is now responsible for a
larger range of more complex products. As a result our client is
looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager who will be
responsible for the strategic planning and management of all
manufacturing operations in a variety of manufacturing disciplines
to help create a world-class facility. Responsibilities
- Successfully plan, direct, and manage company assets and
personnel in the execution of manufacturing tasks to fulfill
customer orders for both standard and customized pump
- Collaborate with Production Planning to plan and schedule the
execution of specific production work orders to be completed to
meet customer delivery requirements.
- Ensure that personnel under direct management authority are
trained and skilled in the proper and safe operation of equipment,
tools, and fixtures necessary to execute production and support
- Participate in the long-range planning of production
capabilities and capacities in support of Trillium strategic and
business plans. Participate in the development of annual budgets
and capital expenditures.
- Monitor day to day operations for labor and equipment
utilization to ensure the positive attainment of production output
and product cost goals.
- Directly interview potential employees and staff open positions
to ensure continuation of production when adjustments to labor
capacity are required.
- Complete Personnel Development Plans and subsequent performance
appraisals and merit reviews for all employees under management.
Participate in succession planning and conduct ongoing employee
development activities to grow and mentor our human resources.
- Ensure adherence to Quality, Safety, and Environmental
compliance processes in accordance with Federal, State and local
laws and regulations. Be responsible to ensure all employees are
trained and proficient in the requirements of these programs and
- Work regularly with employee groups to find ways to execute
production work in improved ways consistent with Lean Manufacturing
and other improvement concepts as applied to specific areas of
responsibilities and in codependent departments and business
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pertinent shop
- EHS responsibilities per the Duty of Care document
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Five years of progressively increasing responsibilities in
Production and Manufacturing Management.
- Superior management capability to lead, motivate and develop
production and manufacturing employees.
- Training and Experience with Lean concepts to drive
productivity, cost savings and continuous improvement throughout
Keywords: Boyden, Anaheim , Operations Manager, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!