Senior Accounting Manager
Company: Viasat Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Senior Accounting ManagerCA - Carlsbad, CA - Irvine, CA - San
Diego, AZ - Phoenix Or, AZ - Tempe. (Open at these locations)
Job ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Accounting Manager will be
responsible for all accounting operations at one of Viasat's
material consolidated subsidiaries. This role will coordinate and
oversee the execution of all monthly and quarterly financial
statement closes processes in accordance with US GAAP, and ensure
all necessary statutory/regulatory filing requirements are met for
all entities which comprise the subsidiary. With the support of
Viasat's corporate accounting team, Senior Accounting Manager will
take full accounting ownership for the subsidiary's reporting of US
GAAP financial results for consolidation into Viasat's consolidated
- Directing and coordinating all accounting functions at one of
Viasat's consolidated subsidiaries. The subsidiary is comprised of
multiple legal entities established in countries across the
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial
data necessary for an accurate US GAAP set of financial
- Ensuring strong and uniform controls, and sufficient
documentation thereof, across all subsidiary entities.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering
recommendations for improvement and implementing new
- Overseeing and managing a global accounting team.
- Overseeing regulatory/statutory reporting, frequently including
tax planning and compliance.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal
policies & procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including managing large
teams across in both local and remote environments across multiple
- CPA required
- Thorough understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Experience in a multi-entity environment.
- Experience in multi-national consolidations, including the
impacts of foreign currency transactions and translation.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects
simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on
new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front
guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The
individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Outlook or similar programs.
- Strong experience with SAP, Blackline preferred.
- Experience with ERP implementation/transition a plus.
Additional Requirements and informationMinimum education:
BA/BSCitizenship: US Citizenship RequiredClearance: None
About ViasatOne team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At
Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity
to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped
shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around
the globe communicate. We're looking for people who think big, act
fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives
positive impact to join our team.
Keywords: Viasat Inc., Anaheim , Senior Accounting Manager, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!