Associate Director, Quantitative Insights
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Who We Are: Kelton, A Material Company, build brands from the
insight out. We're a strategy consultancy, and we leverage
sophisticated consumer understanding, data analytics, and deep
human understanding to help organizations chart new pathways to
growth. We have a model that's uniquely set up to uncover the
emotional and nonconscious as well as the rational and explicit
factors that can drive lasting business growth, and we help many of
the world's most loved brands turn these insights into powerful
products, services, communications, and experiences. We take a
creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting
insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that
deliver on customer desires. We have a leadership team made up of
seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation
professionals; thus, there is ample opportunity to learn and grow
every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up
culture where training is very "hands on" and there's an atmosphere
in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other. We
serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry
clients including Target, Coca-Cola, Amazon, Google, Best Buy,
Harley-Davidson, the NFL and 9 of the 10 largest PR firms in the
country. With our consumer insights platform, we've built a team
that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that
keep their customers at the center of brand strategy, marketing,
communications, and innovation efforts. Why We Want You: We are
seeking a strategic, fun, creative, and motivated quantitative
researcher who is looking to grow into an insights & strategy role
on our team. This is a unique and special opportunity to hone your
research skills, while working with some of the best brand,
marketing and communications strategists in the industry. You
should bring stellar quantitative technical research skills, but
also an interest, with growth, in working on engagements that
involve multiple other types of work - including qualitative,
cultural insights, design research, and innovation. We need a
self-starter who is comfortable working on all stages of the
process, from networking and capabilities discussions to crafting
project proposals, questionnaires, story-driven deliverables, and
participating in key research activities in order to foster client
relationships. A high level of motivation and excellent
communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse
slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work
on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and
deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this
fast-paced environment. If you're someone who is able to deliver
amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client
service business, we want to meet you! We're relatively flexible on
years of experience, although we desire at least 3-5 years working
in a relevant agency or consulting environment, and you should
already have experience with (and excitement for!) running and
managing quantitative phases of work. The right person for this
role won't back down from a challenge, and will relish being in a
small, entrepreneurial, fast growing environment. If this sounds
like you, we can't wait to meet you! What You'll Do:
- Project management responsibilities require you (with limited
oversight) to effectively:
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects,
demonstrating an ability to own client contact for projects of
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team
(with the ability and desire to manage both "up" and "down")
- Work as part of a team across all daily operations from start
to finish of the quantitative phase, including operations,
questionnaire development, analysis, and reporting.
- Be able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and
adjust on the fly. Proactively identify issues and suggests
solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- Manage junior staff, interns and freelance resources, as well
as analysts on a project. Demonstrate a capability to train and
mentor quantitative and project management skills and know what and
when to delegate.
- Research and consulting responsibilities include a high degree
of collaboration from you, with oversight, collaboration, and
direction from senior leads.
- Work with a team on deliverable creation, including writing,
analysis, oversight (and sometimes doing) chart/table creation in
Excel or PowerPoint.
- Shadow and work on sections of questionnaire development,
designing questions that use clear phrasing and proper
spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually
exclusive and exhaustive. You must display the creativity needed
for writing effective questionnaires!
- Conduct background research for projects and succinctly
summarize secondary research inputs and implications for the
project. Think strategically about the inputs and outputs of the
quantitative phase and have a perspective on when/how to smartly
pushback when needed.
- As part of the team guiding the quantitative research phase,
support senior leads and co-present at in-person meetings with
clients, when kicking off, workshopping, and sharing out work.
- Learn about qualitative research, cultural insights, design
research, and brand strategy, in order to be part of the
transition/serve as the link from quant into and from these phases
- Support business development efforts on the accounts you're on,
assisting the account team with proposals and pitches.
- Cultural expectations can take many forms depending on your
interests and personality, but a few examples include:
- Share out examples of great work and best practices with the
- Bring energy to the work you do; be comfortable getting
creative and be willing to try something new and take risks.
- Find opportunities to collaborate, both internally and
- Always bring a perspective and point of view to the work you
do. What You'll Bring:
- 3-5+ years relevant work experience, social science/research
- Extremely strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
This position requires an ability to consider both the micro
(project details) and macro (understanding how all aspects of an
engagement, including research, advertising, media, strategy, and
development, are interrelated).
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create
slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and chart
- Strong skills in SPSS Statistics or a similar software package
is highly desired; some familiarity and experience is
- Ability to train more junior staff on Quantitative technical
skills and best practices.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus,
but not required.
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research
projects and integrated mixed method engagements.
- Interest in growing and building strategic consulting
- Comfort and competency in leading client conversations, in
person and virtually.
- Attention to detail, excellent writing/communication
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- You must be a quick learner who works well both independently
and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it, ability to
independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability, professionalism, and strong work
- Positive, "can do" attitude.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus.
- A sense of humor and zest for life!
Keywords: Material, Anaheim , Associate Director, Quantitative Insights, Executive , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!