Nutrition Coordinator - Home Infusion Pharmacy
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: April 3, 2021
We are looking for an Enteral Services Coordinator--for our Home
Care Pharmacy Service. Location: Anaheim, CA Work Schedule:--Full
Time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: 8-hour, Days Job Summary: This
position serves as a member of the nutrition support team,
responding to incoming referrals and informational calls regarding
outpatient / home enteral services. This position is responsible
for assisting the patient, referral source and any other callers
with enteral services, collecting clinical information and
coordinating the care of individuals admitting servicing. This
position is responsible for entering patient referral data into the
database. This position coordinates the delivery of care for
enteral patients. The position is responsible for the effective and
efficient movement of the patient through the enteral program. This
position is responsible for coordinating all care providers and
service requirements including but not limited to working closely
with the dietitians, intake team, billing department, and warehouse
staff to ensure that enteral patients, from the initial referral
through the duration of therapy and discharge from enteral service.
- Responds to incoming calls from patients, families, and
referral sources regarding patient supply needs and
initiation/discontinuation of enteral services.
- Contacts patients/caregivers prior to deliveries to review
supply usage and needs.
- Adjusts delivery ticket to reflect legitimate supply
- Generates delivery tickets.
- Coordinates delivery with patient, warehouse, and delivery
- Notifies dietitians and billing of changes in patient
- Reviews sufficient and appropriate referral information to
determine a prospective patient's service needs.
- Responsible for entering new patients into the software
database, including new therapy orders on existing patients. Enters
- Adjusts/manages patient inventory levels.
- Ensures re-orders are planned to maximize delivery efficiency
and comply with Medicare standards as appropriate.
- Coordinates with pharmacy buyer to maintain an adequate
inventory of all enteral products and supplies.
- Tracks back orders and arranges delivery of product with
pharmacy buyer when back orders are available.
- Coordinates with warehouse and dispatch when pump is ready for
pickup at time of discharge of therapy and when required for
- Generates discharge summary in CPR+.
- Routinely monitors patient status, including patients that are
active, hospitalized and patients on hold, and communicates with
dietitian and PAR.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with dietitians,
pharmacists, nurses, physicians, billing, clinics, nursing homes,
hospitals, and patients/caregivers to facilitate accurate, safe
care for the patient.
- Assists dietitians with tracking physician orders.
- Responsible to check, respond and follow-up with voicemail,
email and PerfectServe messages per the agency policy and
- Works closely with billing team to maximize accurate and timely
billing to capture all charges.
- Prepares data analysis and creates and maintains reports as
- Excellent customer services skills that include sensitivity,
compassion, calmness, and good listening skills.
- General computer knowledge and skills, including word
processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to ascertain days
and quantities of product needed.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of office equipment, medical terminology, and medical
- Effective problem solving, communication, and organizational
- Preferred: Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Preferred: Knowledge of the practice of enteral therapy.
Minimum Position Requirements: Education:-- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Word, and
Excel or equivalent. Preferred Position Qualifications: Experience:
- Experience in home infusion or home health.
- One (1) year experience in other healthcare setting. Providence
Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion
pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles
County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in
the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of
compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in
everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and
well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home
Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. My Profile Create and manage
profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Anaheim , Nutrition Coordinator - Home Infusion Pharmacy, Healthcare , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!