Certified Recreation, Art or Music Therapist - Anaheim Community Hospital
Company: Orange County Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Anaheim Community Hospital has an exciting opportunity to be a
part of our new behavioral health team in Orange County. Anaheim
Community Hospital is a new 98-bed acute hospital that will offer
inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs, as well as
medical psychological services. It will service Med-Psych, Adult,
Adolescent and Children patients.
We look forward to bringing on the best candidates possible to help
us meet the mental health needs of Orange County and serve our
community with a new state of the art facility. If you want to make
a difference in the mental health of your community, we encourage
you to apply and join our team.
The Adjunctive Therapist is responsible for providing high quality
patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, treatment
planning, group and individual therapy treatments. The Adjunctive
Therapist is responsible to function well as a member of the
multidisciplinary treatment team and participate in the community
- Plans and implements the programs activity therapy program,
including planning of daily events, special events and providing
in-service for other staff participating in the activity therapy
- Conducts activity therapy group sessions and individual
sessions as needed, displaying good theoretical knowledge of group
principles and good group techniques.
- Completes activity therapy evaluations and progress notes in a
prescribed timeframe and high-quality fashion.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Familiar with art, music, physical therapy and creative
expression for groups
Education and Licensing:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (recreational therapy,
music therapy, art therapy, occupational therapy).
- Certified Recreational Therapist required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in acute psychiatric setting.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
*Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees
to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation
that you have been vaccinated*
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-opportunitiesby
Keywords: Orange County Behavioral Health, Anaheim , Certified Recreation, Art or Music Therapist - Anaheim Community Hospital, Healthcare , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!