Licensed Vocational Nurse Service Coordinator - Palliative Direct
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 7, 2022
We are looking for a Licensed Vocational Nurse Service
Coordinator for the Palliative Direct at Home Health
Network.Location: Anaheim, CAWork Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly
HoursShift: 8-hour, DaysJob Summary:The Service Coordinator, LVN,
is responsible for weekend Intake of new referrals and the
coordination and scheduling of home health services in
collaboration with the Clinical Manager. The Service Coordinator,
LVN, distributes accurate patient information to assigned staff,
enters clinical staff schedules timely and accurately into the
computer daily, prints schedules and pending lists, and responds to
K-mail communication notes.Essential Functions:
- Supports answering service by responding to clinical questions
from patients/family members.
- Processes new referrals from e-fax.
- Verifies benefits, and submits/obtains insurance
- Enters patient schedules into EMR on a daily basis per clinical
staff determined frequency and duration.
- Reviews daily schedules for each discipline and verifies
schedules are accurate with assigned staff.
- Utilizes available staff in most efficient manner in
collaboration with Clinical Manager, while being mindful of the
agency's productivity requirement, and staffing accordingly.
- Assists Clinical Manager in assigning designated disciplines to
new cases, entering first visit into computer.
- Schedules staff to patient visits according to area, skill
level, continuity of patient care and staff availability.
- Staffs all visits in accordance with visit frequency and
authorization. Reports to Clinical Manager or Director any visit
discrepancies and obtains orders.
- Notifies team members of discharged, expired and hospitalized
- Verifies all discharges are entered correctly in computer.
- Faxes weekend/holiday schedule to triage nurse, care managers
per protocol, and provides copy to Clinical Manager.
- Responds to patient/MD/customer calls pertaining to visit time,
assigned staff, and takes messages in a customer service based
- Supports Clinical Manager with phone coverage, takes MD orders
and writes a verbal order, reports all new orders to Clinical
Manager and pertinent team members.
- Assists Clinical Manager with verification of documentation or
orders in EMR.
- Coordinates ordering and faxing medical supply
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Data entry skills preferred.Minimum Position
Requirements:Education: Education to meet certification, license or
registration requirement.Experience: 6 months experience in a
health care setting.Licenses/Certifications:
- Current California LVN license.
- Current CA driver's license.
- Proof of auto liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support.Preferred Position
Qualifications:Experience: Experience in hospice or home
health.Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health,
hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange
County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the
quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided
by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and
integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the
health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of
life's journey.Providence Home Care provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Company: SJH Home Health
NetworkCategory: LPN / LVNReq ID: R357992
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Anaheim , Licensed Vocational Nurse Service Coordinator - Palliative Direct, Healthcare , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!