Registered Nurse - Night Shift
Company: Orange County Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Anaheim Community Hospital has an exciting opportunity to be a
part of our new behavioral health team in Orange County. Scheduled
to open in 2022, Anaheim Community Hospital is a 98-bed acute
hospital that will offer inpatient and outpatient behavioral health
programs, as well as medical psychological services. It will
service Med-Psych, Adult, Adolescent and Children patients.
Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments,
laboratory testing, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments.
Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional,
developmental, social and behavioral. Performs crisis
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of client
including, pediatric and adolescent population
- Ability to perform nursing assessments on all clients and
reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric and adolescent
- Knowledgeable of medications including psychotropic drugs and
their correct administration based on the age of the client and
their clinical condition.
- Follows Professional Crisis management procedures accurately
- Formulates and implements client treatment plans; family is
included when appropriate.
- Continuously observes clients behavior, mental status and
- Performs thorough client psychiatric interviews.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the client and
family regarding pain management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensing:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current CA RN License
- Current BLS certification from an American Heart Association
(AHA) approved program.
Knowledge and Experience:
Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in patient care services
or new graduate with Bachelors Level Education, preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to fifteen (25) pounds.
Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees
to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation
that you have been vaccinated
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status,
genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional
Keywords: Orange County Behavioral Health, Anaheim , Registered Nurse - Night Shift, Healthcare , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!