Residential Counselor - Mental Health 350
Company: Telecare Corporation
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Description POSITION TITLE: Residential Relief Staff
DEPARTMENT: Safe Houses
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Manager
STATUS: On Call, Non Exempt
DATE: April 1, 2021
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian
Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual
regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement,
is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its
message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love
for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and
meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Unit Mission Statement:
"To provide youth with skills for a healthy life, and instill
purpose, hope and vision to youth and their families."
The Residential Relief Staff for the Safe House Programs, is an
On-Call Position, where work hours and schedule are assigned
subject to availability and current staffing needs of the program.
The Residential Relief staff performs the essential functions as
indicated in this job description and is supervised by the Program
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate.
- At least one year of experience working with troubled or
- Valid Hawaii Driver's License.
- Valid TB Clearance.
- Pre-Employment Medical Clearances
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- DHS FBI/Criminal History & CAN, and Salvation Army background
- MVR records check, must meet Authorized Driving standards of
the Salvation Army
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure up-keep of facility to meet program and licensing
standards. Report any unmet conditions to Program Manager
- Ensure completeness of resident files and program
- Maintain consistency in program rules and procedures.
- Ensure all program and resident needs are met on a continuing
- Transporting of residents to and from school, work, and/or
scheduled appointments, recreational outings.
- Participation in informal group sessions with
- Implement chore system to residents and monitoring for
- Provide back up support during emergencies at the program,
which may include safe restraints.
- Assist in planning and implementing group recreational
activities and outing.
- Complete required daily reports/consultation on each
- Monitor phones, visitors, workers, parents, and handle
emergencies and crisis calls.
- Do intake/discharge Orientate new residents/check resident's
safe arrival after discharge.
- Serve as a crisis counselor while on duty - on the phone or in
person with youth and/or parents.
- Model behavior, including communication process, decision
making, working out problems, discipline, order, organization
skills, cleanliness, respect for property or others, work an
education. Maintain a professional worker/resident and staff
relationship at all times.
- Maintain all required documentation relating to the
- Be involved in public information campaign and assist in
representing the agency in the community.
- Attend meetings, workshops, retreats, conferences, and growth
groups, etc., as scheduled or required.
- Grocery shopping and menu planning for the Safe House.
Supervision of residents in meal preparation.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Willingness to accept and implement The Salvation Army
- Good/sound judgment, dependability, initiate understanding,
firmness, caring, organization, high energy level and ability to
work under conditions of stress and change without verbal or active
- Work under stressful conditions
- Interact with others with courtesy and tact
- Relate to wide range of people and situations including youth,
parents, agency workers, police, school personnel, etc.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team concept; participate in
staff training and growth group
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and
- Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective
- Complete projects on schedule
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance; may require
flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping,
kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing;
walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision;
driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds
and occasionally more than 50 pounds; traveling by airplane. Duties
will require safe restraints or residents involved in physical
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors;
requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients,
vendor; talking on the telephones; requires responding to written
or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires
training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving
verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written
language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other
worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
Ability and skill in communicating with people of different
Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines
Use office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners,
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at Family Intervention Services.
Attendance at trainings, both in Hawaii and on the mainland, may be
The information in this job description indicates the general
nature and level of work performed by an employee in this
classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of
employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to,
revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employee will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Telecare Corporation, Anaheim , Residential Counselor - Mental Health 350, Healthcare , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!