Line Cook, Tortilla Jo's
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The OpportunityDelaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is
hiring an experienced Line Cook to join our team at Tortilla Jo's
in Anaheim, California.
Per client mandate, all current and new hires at this location are
required to have received an authorized COVID 19 vaccination by
November 1, 2021. You will be asked to confirm this prior to
receiving a job offer.
$1000 Sign-on Bonus!
- $500 at 30 days
- $250 at 60 days
- $250 at 90 days**$1000 Referral bonus for all current
associates. Refer someone who is successfully hired into this role
for 90 days and receive a $1000 referral bonus**Responsibilities
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.Qualifications
- At least 6 months previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We AreAt
Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Anaheim , Line Cook, Tortilla Jo's, Hospitality & Tourism , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!