Franchised Director of Housekeeping
Company: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job Number 22143332
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Westin Anaheim Resort, 1030 West Katella Avenue,
Anaheim, California, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Wincome Hospitality. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International. JOB SUMMARY The
Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the operation
of the Housekeeping Department is run in an efficient manner,
providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe
environment throughout their stay, while effectively managing
department staff, departmental expenses and maximizing service
levels. WORK REQUIREMENTS: Supervisor Responsibilities
- Manage approximately 2 Manager direct reports and approximately
60 hourly indirect reports.
- Responsible for supervision of employee performance and
developmental coaching. -
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organizations policies, procedures and
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to
company standard for all Housekeeping staff in compliance with
state and federal laws and company policy.
- Sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees
supervised and ensure all are met.
- Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all
- Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with
subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives
on a regular basis of all employees under supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating
performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary
terminating employees under your supervision for performance
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating
- Schedules staff to business levels and within budget
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly
basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to
answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and
instructing in details of work, policies and procedures and
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly
associates on service, operational standards, OS&E specify;
select and purchase, including feedback on all operational details.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate carpet cleaning logs and any other required
tracking from Marriott.
- Walk all common areas and conduct room inspections to ensure
property quality standards are in line.
- Responsible to review and approve contracts for overnight
cleaning services. Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Trains and empowers employees to provide excellent customer
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying
excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for
guest relations and employee relations. Major areas of
responsibility include but are not limited to: -
- Primary duties include supervising the activities of managers,
supervisors, line staff, and others on a daily basis in order to
ensure all work is completed on time and to standard.
- Responsible to oversee and manage off site laundry
- Design, provide, and coordinate On-The-Job-Training for
subordinates to attain brand compliance.
- Make routine daily rounds of the hotel at any time of the day
performing random checks in all areas to ensure the expected hotel
standard is set and continued. Immediately direct subordinates to
correct issues found as needed.
- Develop and implement standard procedures for routine tasks to
enable employees to develop consistent work habits.
- Reviews, approves and analyzes housekeeping budget and
justifies funds requested on a regular basis.
- Maintain checkbook accounting as a responsible person for
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality
standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and
banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local
and company health, sanitation and safety standards.
- Establish inventory records and control of cleaning supplies,
chemicals, and guest supplies, room/bathroom and linens etc. in
order to control expenses and minimize waste.
- Involve employees in planning, effective use of "manpower" and
guiding new methods, mechanical aids & products and to simplify
- Check on all equipment of the Housekeeping Department to ensure
equipment is properly used to reduce cost and breakage.
- Order supplies and replacements as needed.
- Check physical condition of rooms in order to maintain highest
room appearance and standards.
- Establish systems and controls in the Linen/Uniform Room and
Laundry to ensure laundry services are of high quality for hotel
guests, customers as well as laundering staff uniforms.
- Create and implement accurate schedules for employees to match
business levels and manage payroll for the department.
- Train and develop staff for personal and professional
- Monitor standards and work performance of all subordinates on a
daily basis for brand service and training compliance.
- Plan and carry out budget while staying within budget
- Manage team to strive to achieve and exceed guest service
scores as required by brand.
- With minimal supervision, plan and carry out the duties (and
additional duties) listed above.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other departments
as well as within the department.
- Responsible for keeping good morale and enforcing discipline
and appearance of employees.
- Communicates with key departments (Front Desk, Engineering,
Food & Beverage, Reservations and Sales and Event Planning) to
ensure Luxury / 4 Diamond guest experience from arrival to
- Communicate closely with Front Office and Maintenance regarding
discrepancies to ensure a Luxury/4 Diamond experience quality in
the Rooms Division.
- Leads special projects, as needed. Position Requirements
- Maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all
- If mandated by law, brand or ownership the Director of
Housekeeping will implement and train all Housekeeping Staff and
monitor the usage of Hotel Panic Buttom system.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Handbook
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Hospitality or related major
- 5+years experience as a Director of Housekeeping experience at
a 500+ room Hotel/Resort.
- Should have prior experience with luxury brand hotels -
- Brand experience is preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations
team to revenue goal achievement.
- Hotel industry work experience; demonstrating progressive
career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to walk and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and stoop throughout the day.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must have a valid driver's license Communication Requirements
- Able to communicate effectively in English; both verbally and
in writing. Spanish speaking highly preferred. -
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers,
some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and
diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and
resolve conflicts. - We participate in E-Verify - This company is
an equal opportunity employer. frnch1
Keywords: Westin Hotels & Resorts, Anaheim , Franchised Director of Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!