CAIR-CA Human Resources Generalist
Company: CAIR California
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Title: Human Resources GeneralistReports to: Chief Operating
OfficerSchedule Type: Full-time, Non-exemptLocation: Based in
Anaheim, CA. CAIR-CA staff are currently working a hybrid schedule,
with three days in-person and two days remote, and anticipate
returning to fully in-person when it is safe to do so. May require
occasional travel throughout California. Exemplary candidates in
Sacramento, Santa Clara, or San Diego may be considered.Pay Range:
$25 - $30/hourCOVID-19 Considerations: All employees and visitors
are required to follow safety procedures such as wearing a mask
on-site. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a
condition of employment before date of hire.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Human
Resources Generalist will support the organization's HR functions
operationally and administratively with duties including employee
onboarding and offboarding, recruitment, maintaining and answering
questions regarding policies and procedures, maintaining employee
relations, and ensuring organizational compliance. They will be
responsible for ensuring all HR functions are complying with local,
state, and federal regulations.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and support recruiting efforts including partnering
with hiring managers to determine the best sourcing strategies,
coordinate job postings, and review and/or prepare job descriptions
and interview questions.
- Coach and provide training and feedback, as needed, to hiring
managers on the hiring process.
- Assist with references and performing background checks on
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire
on-boarding and orientation process, coordinating with
cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain and ensure employee personnel files are up-to-date, in
compliance with all legal and contractual obligations, and
maintained as confidential.
- Maintain and recommend personnel policies and procedures.
Conduct regular reviews of the employee handbook.
- Maintain updated job requirements and job descriptions for all
- Complete and maintain all Form I-9 compliance
- Assist with the administration and updating of the compensation
and benefits programs.
- Coordinate benefits administration to include, change
reporting, reviewing invoices for payment and open enrollment.
- Oversee all insurance policies and renewals including health,
dental, retirement, and workers compensation plans.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and
- Advise management on employee relations matters.
- Participate in training employees and managers in HR policies,
compliance, and best practices.
- Provide support and guidance to managers with employee
grievances, investigations, disciplinary procedures and resolving
- Coordinate the annual performance review process and ensure
managers are competent in assessing and evaluating employees.
- Serve as point of contact for employees on questions regarding
policies/procedures including benefits and payroll.
- Conduct annual employee engagement survey and recommend other
tools for assessing employee morale.
- Research and recommend employee wellness programs and
- Recommend tools and trainings regarding career
- Coordinate payroll process and reports, workers compensation
audits, and EDD requests.
- Maintain working knowledge of payroll time and attendance
system, compile reports and data analysis.
- Support offices with offboarding including coordinating exit
- Maintain relevant documents including organizational
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all
HR related vendors to ensure consistent and timely
communication.Other duties as assigned.SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field. Four years of HR experience, preferably at a
nonprofit organization, may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- At minimum two years of HR experience; preferably at a
- Experience with Human Resource Information Systems software
and/or Applicant Tracking Systems (preferred).
- PHR, HRCI or SHRM Certification (preferred).
- Experience working in the American Muslim community
- Experience with addressing HR issues such as performance,
terminations, promotions, etc.
- Strong technical skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertinent to the HR
- Ability to maintain balance and objectivity in stressful
- Ability to manage time efficiently and close assigned projects
within established deadlines.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and follow through on tasks by
using time management techniques and exercising common sense to
reach sound professional judgments on issues within the areas of
- Effective written and communication skills, including the
ability to handle difficult situations patiently and
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; relationship-building
- Systematic and organized approach to projects and day-to-day
- Possess the ability to multitask, work independently with
little supervision, and to manage and/or oversee several projects
- Must be flexible, willing to learn, capable of taking direction
and working with multiple levels of management and
- Compensation in the range of $25 - $30/hour, commensurate with
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental
Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% retirement matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation daysTO APPLY:
- Submit (1) a cover letter, (2), your resume, and (3) three
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with priority
given to those submitted by January 15, 2022.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: CAIR California, Anaheim , CAIR-CA Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!