VP, Business and Legal Affairs
Company: IDW Media Holdings
Posted on: June 25, 2022
IDW seeks an experienced business and legal affairs executive
with strong negotiation skills to lead business affairs across IDW
Publishing and IDW Entertainment divisions. -This position requires
a team player and business-minded executive who possesses good
judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to thrive in an
evolving environment. - - -This highly visible role will report to
the heads of Publishing and Entertainment. The VP, Business and
Legal Affairs will be seen as a strategic partner to creative
executives and will provide ongoing senior legal and business
affairs counsel during development and production of IP and
entertainment, and advise and work closely with colleagues in
Publishing, Development, Production, Creative Affairs, Finance,
Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. -Responsibilities: -
- Structure, negotiate, document, and manage deals across
publishing and entertainment.
- Contribute to the expansion and long-term value of the IDW IP
library through savvy and innovative deal-making
- Collaborate with executives across the organization to ensure
business strategy alignment -
- Manage outside console and liaise with talent agency attorneys
- Partner with heads of division to provide deal negotiation
support for licensed partnerships and new content partnerships
- Work with outside studios to craft entertainment partnerships
that position the company to access studio economics.
- Manage various contractual aspects of the rights to the IDW
catalog and any other catalog acquisitions, including publishing,
media, and sublicensing. -
- Advise senior-level executives and other teams under conditions
of uncertainty, high pressure, and/or high risk through strategic
thinking and firm decision-making.
- In collaboration with the heads of publishing and
entertainment, foster deep relationships with talent and forge a
robust creative community to encourage current and future
- Partner with business executives to discuss and implement best
practices and formulate new processes and forms in connection with
- Develop and maintain relationships with agencies, law firms,
studios, production companies, and other relevant industry
- Minimum 8+ year's professional experience at a major law
- Must have media experience, including significant transactional
work in-house at a studio or large production company.
- Must have publishing and media rights experience
- Licensed Attorney in the State of California / Juris Doctorate
- Comprehensive knowledge of entertainment and intellectual
property law, as well as a high-level proficiency of legal analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with
a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an
- Collaborative work ethic, sound and ethical judgment.
-Preferred Qualifications -
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with
evolving priorities, handle ambiguity, and react gracefully under
- Working knowledge of guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA,
WGA, DGA and IATSE.) Strong professional relationships with talent
representatives, agencies, and business/legal affairs
- Robust understanding of multi-platform distribution of content
and evolving new media business models. -
IDW Publishing -(IDWP), a subsidiary of -IDW Media Holdings -Inc.
(OTC PINK: IDWM), is an award-winning publisher of comic books,
graphic novels, art books, trade paperbacks, and tabletop
games.Founded in 1999, IDWP is one of the top four publishers of
comic books and graphic novels in the U.S with an award-winning
library of world-renowned licensed content and original series.
More than -80 -IDWP titles have appeared on The New York Times Best
Sellers list, and have won 48 Eisner Awards, the highest honor in
comic book publishing, and 27 Harvey Awards. -IDWP publishes some
of the most successful and popular titles in the industry,
including Lucasfilm's -Star Wars, -Hasbro's -Transformers, -G.I.
Joe, -and -My Little Pony; ViacomCBS's -Star Trek; Nickelodeon's
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; SEGA's -Sonic The Hedgehog; Disney's
Classic Characters; Marvel Comics' -Spider-Man, Captain Marvel,
-and -Avengers; -and many more. -IDW Entertainment -(IDWE)
develops, finances, produces, and distributes creative, diversified
and targeted entertainment content ranging from sister company IDW
Publishing's extensive IP catalog of comic books and graphic
novels. Since 2013, IDWE has successfully delivered three seasons
of the critically-acclaimed -Wynonna Earp, and the Netflix series
adaptations of the popular comic book -Locke & Key -by Joe Hill and
Gabriel Rodr--guez and show run by Carlton Cuse, -V-Wars -starring
Ian Somerhalder, and -October Faction.
Keywords: IDW Media Holdings, Anaheim , VP, Business and Legal Affairs, Legal , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!