Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: March 21, 2020
OverviewThe Southern California Grant Officer is a project
leader to create innovative programs to serve youth and families.
This position collaborates with the Seneca's executive leadership
teams from Southern California and Advancement to influence
regional organizational growth and change by researching funding
opportunities and developing proposals. The Grant Officer directly
supports the development and sustainability of Seneca's Southern
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click
- Identify funding opportunities that align with Seneca's
strategic plan and funding priorities.
- Research, design, and develop proposals that describe
innovative and effective programs to improve the lives of youth and
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with potential agency
funders, particularly private foundations and corporate
- Develop written proposals for a variety of agency funders. All
proposals accurately articulate Seneca's vision, values, treatment
philosophy, and clinical practice model, while adhering to the
- Design and develop project budgets that are fiscally viable and
- Represent Seneca in external meetings, including Bidder's
- 4-6 years of grant-writing experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with creating budgets for program development, grant
writing and program evaluation, and writing reports, proposals, and
evaluations, preferably in a foster care, mental health and/or
- Experience and knowledge of children's service programs and
- Valid California driver's license and insurability through
Seneca's automobile policy.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints and any other mandatory
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Full-time or part-time schedule options.
- Position can be based in Los Angeles or Orange County
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, and partially paid
premiums for dependents
- 5 weeks flexible paid time off
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
- We provide a 403(b) retirement plan
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Anaheim , Grant Officer, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!