Product Support Specialist
Posted on: May 16, 2020
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission
is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification
is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a
distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver
world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance,
telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment,
commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies
and approaches to deliver quality product and services to
government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up
of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities,
speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions
impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this
ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join
the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a dynamic Product Support Specialist to join our
team in Anaheim, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for
providing technical support to customers, distributors and sales
team utilizing working knowledge of fingerprint software and
hardware products, features, and benefits.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Provide Technical Support of company s Access Control biometric
devices including analysis, diagnosis and resolution of system
failures and problems reported by customers and detailed
escalations to Engineering within the Business Unit.
* Complete tasks/projects associated with system/integration and
* Member of the team that serves as the primary point of contact
for all incoming tickets pertaining to Technical Support.
* Provide training relating to IDEMIA products.
* Perform tests and analysis that improve company products.
* In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar
work-related duties as assigned.
* Basic knowledge of customer service techniques, to include
handling service desk calls, computers, problem tracking procedures
and quality assurance processes
* Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving skills and must be
able to learn technical information
* Basic networking knowledge
* Proficient in Windows OS; must be comfortable with hardware and
* Strong organizational and time-management skills in order to
prioritize workload and handle multiple projects concurrently with
high quality and accountability
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interact effectively
both with customers and company personnel and be team-oriented
* Must have a professional attitude when dealing with customers
* Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Must be self-motivated and willing to work at alternate hours
when required to meet varying customer volume requirement
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in
a related discipline
* Experience with Access Control Devices
* Experience with Proximity Access Cards and Smart Cards
* Experience with Ethernet and 485 wiring
* Database administration experience (SQL, Oracle, )
* Knowledge in networking, routers, POE switches and firewalls.
* Good knowledge of Support Center processes, procedures and
* Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese, spoken and written.
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of three years prior experience in technical support
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 25% of
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted,
heated, and ventilated.
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do
the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying
of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an
automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual
dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
and other office equipment.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: IDEMIA, Anaheim , Product Support Specialist, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!