Posted Date 19 hours ago (7/23/2020 8:34 PM)
Location : Location US-CA-Anaheim
Overview Under the administrative direction of the Chief
Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is the
highest-level financial executive. The Chief Financial Officer
(CFO) has complete oversight of all fiscal functions within AHMC
Anaheim Regional Medical Center (ARMC) including the development,
interpretation, coordination, and administration of the hospital’s
policies on finance, accounting, insurance, financial/accounting
systems, internal controls, budgeting, and auditing. The CFO
oversees the planning and direction of all finances, and formulates
long-range goals and plans for expansion. Develops and establishes
operating policies consistent with overall objectives and ensures
their adequate execution. The CFO manages, directs, plans and
coordinates the functions and activities of assigned areas; serves
as part of the hospital’s senior management team. The CFO is to
manage the financial affairs of the hospital according to the
business unit goals, sound business practices, corporate and
hospital’s policies and procedures according to the government
regulatory requirements. The incumbent will ensure efficient
utilization of resources in order to meet the needs of the
organization and will maintain compliance with all federal, state,
local, and government agencies and accrediting bodies as
Participates in executing administrative decisions as these
functions relate to and impact the provision of total patient care.
Works collaboratively and cooperatively with all departments and
with members of the Medical Staff to accomplish the strategic goals
and to achieve and enhance the mission of AHMC Anaheim Regional
This position requires the full understanding and active
participation in fulfilling the Mission of AHMC Anaheim Regional
Medical Center. It is expected that the Chief Financial Officer
demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The Chief
Financial Officer shall support the Hospital’s strategic plan and
the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan.
Responsibilities • Plans, develops, organizes implements,
directs, and evaluates ARMC’s fiscal function and performance.
• Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial
reports, and financial trends to the CEO and the Board of
• As a member of the ARMC’s Administrative Team, participates in
the financial and functional decision making processes necessary
for the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission and/or
• Collaborates with members of the Administrative Team to
develop financial goals and objectives for the hospital.
• Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services
and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue
• Provides proactive, sound guidance regarding management of
assets and financial trends within the facility.
• Collaborates with department directors and patient care
executives to implement financial plans and productivity
benchmarks, and to monitor progress toward financial goals.
• Develops financial plans and authorizes operating budgets in
accordance with established goals.
• Monitors capital asset expenditures and depreciation; prepares
annual operating budgets with input and involvement at the
departmental level including capital budgets and cash flow
• Prepares hospital operating and capital budgets based on past,
current and anticipated expenditures and revenues. Directs
compilation of data, preparation of financial and operating reports
for planning effective administration of hospital activities by
• Devises and installs new or modified accounting systems to
provide complete and accurate records of hospital assets,
liabilities, and financial transactions. Evaluates accounting and
patient accounting procedures for quality control and to plan
methods for insuring timely receipt of payment on patient records,
reducing costs of accounting operations, and expediting flow of
• Keeps up to date with all federal and state statutes
surrounding participation in government programs including, but not
limited to EMTALA, Medicare fraud and abuse issues, Stark
legislation, and IRS guidelines.
• Directs the facility’s information resources and plans. Ensure
optimal data security systems are maintained at all times. Takes
necessary steps to ensure data security of all systems.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures and ensures
that goals and objectives are consistent with the hospital’s
• Prepares detailed analyses of financial statements to reflect
variances in income, expenditures, and capital asset values from
previous periods. Makes recommendations to the Administrative Team
concerning means of reducing hospital operating costs and
increasing revenues, based on knowledge of market trends, financial
reports, and industry operating procedures.
• Arranges for audits of hospital accounts. Prepares, or directs
preparation of annual tax returns, annual OSHPD report, quarterly
OSHPD reports, and other required governmental reporting. Prepares,
or directs the preparation of the annual Medicare and Medi-Cal cost
• Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with
overall policies and objectives and ensures their adequate
execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall
operations regularly and systematically and periodically reports
these results to the CEO.
• Establishes and communicates clear objectives and goals for
all departments under supervision. Maintains adequate staff of
qualified and competent personnel to satisfy departmental
• Directs the personnel management activities of assigned areas;
guides subordinate directors, managers and supervisors in the
selection, hiring, training and development of staff as well as
performance appraisal, documentation of deficiencies, performance
recognition and disciplinary action; develops, supervises and
appraises direct subordinates; plans and implements disciplinary
actions as needed, working with Human Resources staff as
appropriate; makes recommendations to the CEO regarding the
evaluation, promotion, transfer or discipline of subordinates.
• Responsible for positive staff morale, staff absenteeism
management, and turnover for areas of responsibility.
• Ensures development of subordinates and succession
• Participates in hospital-wide strategic planning activities to
ensure the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated health
• Monitors and evaluates new or revised regulatory agency and
industry laws, regulations, and standards applicable to assigned
areas and ensures that assigned activities comply with all
requirements and regulations.
• Maintains compliance with regulations governing hospitals and
the rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and
initiating changes where required.
• Possesses general knowledge of wage and hour regulations,
record keeping, and complies with company policies and
• Works collaboratively with Human Resources to effectively
administer labor proceedings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors in a related field is required, Masters in Business
Administration or closely related field required
• Knowledge of generally accepted Accounting Principles and
Managed Care contracting.
• A minimum of five years of progressive administrative
experience in an acute care hospital setting overseeing multiple
areas. Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in healthcare
• Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting
acute care hospitals.
• Experience with accreditation/regulatory activities,
performance improvement, core measures and sentinel events
requirements. Proven track record of success as a CFO in an acute
care hospital setting.
• Five years in an executive level position required
• Excellent written/verbal communication and computer skills
• Experience in budget preparation/operation
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which
substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills, and
Code of Conduct
Organization’s Policies and Procedures
Local, State, and Federal Regulations
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.