This position is for an FPGA design/verification engineer to
work within the Electronics Center of Raytheons Intelligence and
Space (RI&S) Business Unit.
The person hired for this position will work alongside a
talented team towards the development of new state-of-the-art
systems for space applications that meets our customers
descriptions and requirements.
Activities for this position include the detailed digital design
and verification of FPGA firmware that may include embedded
real-time processors. Specific tasks include HDL development, IP
integration, simulation, design documentation, design verification
and testing, and the integration of hardware, firmware, and
software at the level of the electronic components and circuit
boards. This position may require the individual to assist with
mentorship and provide guidance to small teams of engineers. Must
have a minimum of 8 years of related work experience
* Electrical Engineer with 8 plus years of experience with an
emphasis on FPGA architecture, HDL development, and
* Experience with industry standard electrical engineering CAE
(computer-aided-engineering) tools from vendors such as Mentor
* Experience with worst case analysis for power and timing in
* Experience with standard laboratory equipment such as
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need
a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Project and small team leadership skills.
* Familiarity with Xilinx, Altera, and/or Microsemi development
flows and tools.
* Familiarity with the Xilinx Ultrascale architecture.
* Familiarity with the Microsemi RTG4 architecture.
* Experience developing FPGA HDL using VHDL, Verilog, and/or
* Familiarity with radiation effect mitigation and architectures
for digital systems.
* Familiarity with code coverage and verification tools.
* Experienced with high speed interfaces and SOC bus
* Ability to navigate complex and sometimes incomplete
* Software and scripting skills.
Required Education (Including major):
* Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university
with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Physics, or other related STEM field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.