Front Desk Assistant - Full Time (Orange County)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Front Desk Staff's primary function is to collect
information from patients for verification of identity, consent,
procedure and surgery checklist. The Front Desk Staff's will also
be responsible for collecting co-pays and collecting Insurance
Information. This individual will also be responsible for
organizing and filing of medical records.
This is a part time, Monday - Thursday role. Travel required. MA
Certification and customer service experience preferred.
- Verify patient information, consent and procedure.
- Obtain necessary lab results or diagnostic test results ready
for Physicians verification.
- Serve as a source of information and communication link for
patients, Physicians, visitors, and facility personnel.
- Greet patients and visitors to facility. Notify Physician and
personnel of patient's arrival.
- Scans and files completed medical records
- Report and discuss with Supervisor any problems that occur in
the Front Desk.
- Remind patients or patient's contact person about appointments
and pre-op calls.
- Perform clerical functions as directed by the
- Participate in pertinent educational offerings, training and
- Maintain various files, logs, medical records, ensuring
accuracy, and completeness of information.
- Ensure that all lab and MRI results are in patient's chart
- Maintain confidentiality, security, and physical safety of
- Prepare the patients chart and consent the day before
- Explain all forms to patients prior to their signing.
- Read aloud to the patient or legal guardian the name of the
Physician and the procedure to be performed.
- Maintains Operating room supplies inventory by checking stock
to maintain inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing
and expediting orders and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Must be able to communicate in the English language, both
written and orally.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Current BLS certification preferred
- Computer and typing skills of at least 40 wpm with the
capability of data entry
- Must be able to conduct oneself in a mature, professional, and
- Ability to multitask in time compromising environment.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Anaheim , Front Desk Assistant - Full Time (Orange County), Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!