Commercial Construction Safety Inspector
Company: KDC Construction
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cirks Construction Inc. (CCI), dba KDC Construction, offers a
comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental HMO and PPO insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
The Safety Inspector will perform a full range of construction
safety inspection assignments. The Safety Inspector will conduct
high level, on-site safety & SWPPP inspections of construction
projects warehouse, fabrication shop and the work performed by the
service maintenance department to ensure compliance with
established state and company occupational safety standards. The
position will complete assignments through a complex safety audit
application system consisting of inspection techniques and
knowledge of the California, Federal Occupational Safety and Health
Act and Company Construction and Companys Health, Safety, and
Environmental Manual (HSE).
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts regular walk through inspections of construction
- Identifies, documents and recommends resolution of hazardous
and potential hazardous conditions to include reduction of
potential injury to workers and to ensure follow through
corrections have been made.
- Assists with investigating near miss incidents and work related
injuries to Company and subcontractor workers.
- Compiles data, photographs, and prepares all pertinent forms
and reports associated with accidents per program procedures and
federal, state, and local regulations.
- Documents findings and submits job site inspection reports to
the applicable Corporate Safety Director, Superintendent, Project
Manager and Director of Human Resources.
- Monitors tools, equipment, electrical cords, housekeeping,
signage, pedestrian and perimeter protection, scaffolding, confined
space, excavations, fall protection safety and PPE for OSHA and
- Ensures Company is enforcing all compliance including Company
Job Site Rules and Code of Safe Practices and health safety and
environment management (HSE).
- Conducts and manages field training relevant to safety
- Inspects the safety components of roofing and framing activity
to include working from a scissor or aerial lift.
- Updates and reviews job site tailgate logs to make sure they
are up to date and complete.
- Maintains all safety related files, documentation and reports
including, but not limited to, training records, accident
documentation and safety inspection reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- 5+ years experience as a safety professional in a construction
- Current OSHA Construction 30-Hour certification.
- Demonstrates competency in the following areas: first aid and
CPR, trenching and excavation, scaffolding safety, construction
site inspections and familiarity with Forklift Safety.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to interpret, predict, problem solve, and apply common
- Understands how to predict and avoid dangerous situations.
- Proficient with computers and familiar with Microsoft Software
- Familiar with handheld safety inspection software.
- Able to identify a need, remove the barriers, and has the know
how to make things happen.
- Values diversity of ideas, opinions, and people. Has good
common sense and applied logic.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain appropriate state driver
license prior to employment, along with a clean driving record and
Keywords: KDC Construction, Anaheim , Commercial Construction Safety Inspector, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!