Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Title: Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS20211105-61091
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This role is responsible for managing the three main areas of
Systems Engineering: System Architecture/Design, Integration and
Test (I&T), and Reliability. The role facilitates the technical
success of the product, from an overall systems perspective,
managing interfaces within the three system areas and between
non-system engineering functional areas. These interfaces are
defined and managed via procedures/process and strong relationship
building. With inputs and coordination from other functional areas,
this role develops and drives the strategic vision for the systems
engineering organization to continually strive for better system
engineering and overall engineering execution across all
- Supervise areas of system engineering execution of the Product
Development Process (PDP) and applicable processes and procedures
across various programs.
- Set the strategic vision of system engineering and drive
tactical initiatives via other department managers/supervisors and
key individual contributors.
- Bridge inter-system engineering areas and develop seamless
interfaces with non-system engineering functions.
- Define and manage overall department metrics to determine and
drive continuous improvement activities within Systems Engineering
and overall Engineering Department as applicable.
- Hire, train, and develop system engineering resources to meet
- Deliver improvements in engineering quality through application
of best practices in Systems Engineering: System
Architecture/Design, I&T, and Reliability.
- As necessary, lead overall systems engineering activities
(e.g., key programs, red programs).
- Evaluate overall systems project risks and facilitate risk
mitigation planning and execution with program and functional
- Drive out of the box thinking to meet difficult engineering
schedule milestone goals.
- Introduce and drive new technologies and tools such as MBSE and
- Prepare definition of task scope and job cost estimation for
system engineering activities in project proposals.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent technical
discipline and minimum 12 years of prior related experience, or
Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related
- Experience with systems engineering and product development
best practices and their applications given program needs.
- Experience in identifying and driving continuous improvement
activities within the system engineering domain and applications
given program needs.
- Experience in managing technical programs and facilitating team
- Experience in integrated product teams.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with the military/defense contracting
- Proposal management experience.
- Proven ability to develop and foster relationships with other
organizational leaders that drive a culture of continuous
- Exceptional track record in technical team management,
developing organizational capability and recruiting/growing key
- Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into
functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for internal and customer
- Solid practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration
Keywords: L3Harris, Anaheim , Senior Manager, Systems Engineering, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!