Company: Berry Plastics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Must be able to work shift schedule: Mon 6pm-6am; Tues, Fri.,
Sat. & Sun 10pm-6am By means of hand trucks, forklifts and other
means, the Storekeeper will be responsible for the movement,
documentation and communication of all raw materials, and finished
product to and from the Production floor and the Warehouse.
- Reads and understands schedules, customer orders, shipping
orders, pallet tags, material transfers and other documents or
reports in order manage workload.
- Verifies and records product codes, descriptions and count of
all new production sent to warehouse to determine completeness and
- Conveys materials from production areas to storage by hand
truck or forklift and ensure proper documented transfers.
- Processes material transfers for movement of all raw material
and packaging to and from production. Sorts and places materials in
warehouse locations according to requirements
- Keep up with production output requirements in a fast pace
- Promotes and ensures compliance with safety policies, practices
and regulations. Keeps abreast of any changes to safety
requirements. Comply with Job Safety Analysis procedures. Identify
and report unsafe conditions to appropriate staff.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed and on
short notice as required.
- Maintains efficiency, housekeeping and Good Manufacturing
- Regular attendance is an essential function. Berry Plastics
will need to arrange to cover the duties in case of scheduled and
unscheduled absences. Scheduled absence may be accommodated
depending on the circumstance but it is disruptive to the workforce
to arrange short notice coverage unscheduled absences.
To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must
be a team player and able to make decisions under pressure with a
cross functional team of individuals and be flexible to work with
all shifts. Able to work overtime on short notice. The additional
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Minimum high school or related experience/knowledge;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication: Fluent in English strongly preferred; read, write
and speak. Ability to read and interpret documents such as material
transfers, bill of materials and other related documents.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
Computer Skills: Ability to use computers. Knowledge of software
and QSI as well as other productions related software. JD Edwards
and DCLink strongly preferred.
- Forklift experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and adjust schedule in a fast
pace work environment and make timely decisions in a production
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Lean manufacturing a strong plus.
Keywords: Berry Plastics, Anaheim , Storekeeper, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!