E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager
Company: Pacific Sunwear
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager works closely with the
Creative Director to plan and execute seasonal and collection
lighting and photography directions for all PDP photography
production. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include
setting the shoot schedule, allocating HR and equipment resources
to various shoots, working with production, sample management, PDP
SKU management, on-set quality control, working closely with
merchants, post production and delegating tasks to various staff
and freelance workers. This role has several direct reports,
including staff photographers, digital techs and stylist. The
E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager is also responsible for studio
upkeep: keeping the studio stocked with expendables, maintaining a
clean and organized studio environment, time management and
delegation to meet all deadlines and keeping all photo and lighting
equipment in good working order.
- All PDP shoots (coordinate with producers w/ input from
stylists and photographers
- Allocate staff members' time, make sure freelance coverage is
in place when you feel it is necessary
- Coordinate w/ other photo Ads for assets shoots (studio space,
in-house equipment, staff time)
Staff advocate and staff professional development:
- Set the boundaries and expectations for fair, realistic demands
of staff time; be ready to protect staff from being over booked by
being able to make a business case to producers and leadership
- Lead individual and team feedback (image reviews, shoot
- Conduct consistent individual touch bases with direct reports
and provide individualized feedback
Quality control and standards:
- Ensure consistent production process from sets staying true to
diagrams, photographers, using proper EIPs or other reference
files, and staying true to lighting/edit/shooting standards
- Work with photographers, stylists, retouchers to create, and
keep up-to-date guides and guidelines for photo, styling, and
- Shot lists (handoff doc): oversee audit process, and personally
- Final approval/review of all PDP images before they go to post;
Call/approve all reshoots and image swaps, working with
- Work with merchants in sample hand offs
- Making sure all samples and products are labeled and shot and
passed to post production on time.
- Meet deadlines and delegate workload to team to make sure team
meets launch and pass off dates for product to hit live on
- Keep stocked with snacks, expendables, equipment acquisition
- Maintains CPS account and maintains studio equipment inventory
- Clean studio, maintain space, and delegate various tasks to the
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and
confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships;
driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency,
collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high
level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate
feedback and interaction.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac
- Experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge / understanding of fashion industry /
- BFA, BA or other design related degree desired.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate creative ideas effectively.
- Working knowledge of studio digital photography and lighting
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that are required by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently
required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating
temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple
hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings
and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional
evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high
volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform
the essential functions of the role.
Keywords: Pacific Sunwear, Anaheim , E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!