Senior Finance Specialist
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Title: Sr Spec, Finance
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
The Sr. Financial Analyst (FP&A) is responsible for
providing meaningful financial forecasts and reporting. This data
provides actionable insights, relevant analysis, and associated
recommendations to drive desired business outcomes. The ideal
candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working under limited
supervision, drives and leads continuous improvement in FP&A
business processes, and collaborates cross functionally with a
variety of individuals across all levels of the organization. The
ideal candidate has a passion and ability to focus on the important
business details driving key financial metrics (indirect expense,
earnings, cash flow, orders, revenue) while continually assessing
reasonableness, understanding why something changes, and
determining how to achieve desired business results.
- Work closely with program finance and accounting to develop
meaningful data, models, and inputs for financial forecasting,
including overhead, sales, profit, EBIT and cash flow.
- Has knowledge or background working with rates and indirect
- Develops financial statement forecasts including the income
statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. Understands the drivers
behind these financial statements and then sustains the processes,
tools, and data models to develop timely and accurate
- Assists in preparation of financial forecasting reports and
deliverables, as well as coordinating the responses to ad hoc
financial requests and reports.
- Flexibility in addressing ad hoc financial analysis through
advanced MS Excel knowledge to complete a variety of business
- Prepare meaningful weekly financial metrics to track key
performance indicators to take early action.
- Analyzes data for reasonableness and appropriateness,
questioning data and teaming with others to understand the
information and improve sources of information.
- Develops tools, templates, and processes to simplify ways of
gathering data and preparing reports, while also ensuring the
information gathered is relevant and at an appropriate level of
- Drives understanding of variances and then works with
appropriate individuals to identify corrective actions, risks, or
opportunities resulting from those variances.
- Prepare impactful presentations, succinct analysis, and
communicate relevant and actionable details; involve appropriate
stakeholders to take action.
- Upload information to Hyperion and Planning Analytics (PAx);
apply excel models to pull meaningful data out of these
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of standard costing,
inventory flow, and business costing methodologies. Provides cost
analysis support as required.
- Assist with other department tasks and reporting as
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite and must have expert
level Excel skills.
- Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, reporting, rates
and financial modeling.
- Must be willing able to work flexible hours and overtime when
needed to meet reporting and deliverable deadlines.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with preparing or forecasting financial statements,
or related reports containing key financial metrics within
- Prior experience with program finance or proposal pricing
activities supporting major multiyear contracts requiring ASC606
over time revenue recognition.
- Prior industry experience with defense and aerospace
manufacturing or engineering.
- Understanding of DoD contracting types, policies, and
practices, including government-based major system
- Prior experience with indirect expense budgeting and indirect
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR &
DFAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Accounting knowledge and understanding of how financial
statements and systems interact with financial reporting
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Prior implementation experience with incorporating and then
maintaining specialized forecasting software with existing ERP
Keywords: L3Harris, Anaheim , Senior Finance Specialist, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!