Medical Assistant / X-ray Technician - SJoHMG Anaheim Blvd 947 - RAD
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are looking for a Medical Assistant / X-ray Technician for
the SJoHMG Anaheim Blvd 947 - RAD Department at St. Joseph Heritage
Location: Anaheim, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under general supervision of the LVN Supervisor, Site Manager
and or Radiology Manager this position will assists
physician/provider with all general medicine or specialized medical
practice duties as a Medical Assistant within the scope of
As the limited X-ray Technician perform diagnostic x-rays within
their licensure for patients of all ages and assumes responsibility
for accuracy under the direction of the radiologist; works
effectively with patients and other clinic personnel. The limited
x-ray technician is also responsible for all duties relating to the
- MA Essential Functions:
- Rooms patients utilizing best practice MA workflow and
maintains patient flow per schedule.
- Anticipates patient care needs and consults with provider as
- Documents patient information collected, care given and
treatments provided as well as charges in a clear and concise
manner in EMR.
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents in EMR.
Conducts callbacks per provider instruction, in an efficient and
timely manner while maintaining proper telephone etiquette.
- Organizes, stocks (using a PAR & Trigger system) and maintains
an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not
limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of SJHMG clinical policies and
- Assists with procedures and administers medications within the
MA scope of practice and per provider order.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory clinical
/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and
- Maintains current knowledge of medications, waste disposal and
- Maintains CPR and other appropriate certifications.
- Responds to and participates in all medical emergencies and
- Limited X-Ray Tech Essential Functions:
- Perform diagnostic procedures within licensure; achieving a
high level of image quality in a minimal amount of time using
correct anatomical markers.
- Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include
patient log maintenance, adequate supplies.
- Gathers pertinent previous studies, films, and patient
documentation to submit to Radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs visual inspection of image for exposure factors
(contrast, density, etc.) to ensure technical quality of digital
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to utilize IDX for
patient arrival and history retrieval, and Allscripts for charge
entry, pt. history, and creating radiology dictation markers.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows.
- High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring
approach to helping people.
- Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Demonstrates organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates dependability.
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills to
communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle
multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently perform and
assist Radiologists in diagnosing all patients.
- Ability to demonstrate technical proficiency in producing
x-rays with the ability to recognize anatomical structures.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in performing radiology exams
according to age-appropriate protocols.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of a State recognized vocational
School or equivalent.
- Coursework/Training - MA Diploma.
- Coursework/Training - Certificate of completion from an
accredited limited radiology program, including digital
Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a Back Office Medical
Assistant/Limited X-Ray Tech in an ambulatory care facility or
medical group practice.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: EMR and IDX experience
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Anaheim , Medical Assistant / X-ray Technician - SJoHMG Anaheim Blvd 947 - RAD, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!