Line Cook Job Description
Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef
Summary of Position: Accurately and efficiently cook and prepare
meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot/cold food products as
well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also
perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate
preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and
preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot (and sometimes cold)
menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety
of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes,
cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including
tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut
burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauting or other
cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for
kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager
or manager-on-duty. Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
Previous experience working as a line cook or prep cook for a
minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and
cooking. Or at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
Kitchens are fast-paced and require a chef to work long hours,
including nights, weekends and holidays. Being able to stand for
long periods of time on his feet is required. Having a good sense
of smell and taste is also important since a Line Cook tastes and
adjusts recipes as needed. In addition, Good time management skills
are important because of multiple tasks may be required in a short
amount of time.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as
necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the
level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general
scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an
all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform
other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas
to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or
otherwise to balance the work load, gain additional experience to
further the individuals professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: It is Anaheim White House
Restaurants policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age,
medical condition, marital status, military service, sexual
orientation, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.50 per hour