Meat Clerk - Store #03 PT
Company: Northgate Markets
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and
since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los
Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a
full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery,
tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of
domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a
Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people
to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for
enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us.
We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and
fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a
sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you
are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and
want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer
opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family
member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and
flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit
JOB SUMMARY: To provide customer assistance in a prompt and
diligent manner; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the
financial best interests of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and observe company dress regulations; must wear an approved hat or
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code
regulations; adhere to all state, county and local weights and
- Wrap, weigh and price all meats and related products processed
in the department; follow approved procedures for weighing,
wrapping, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality
protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Take finished products to refrigerated storage or shelf
- Be familiar with invoice documents and confirm accuracy of item
descriptions, sizes, quantities and pricing when processing vendor
deliveries of supplies and deli products; record invoice documents
accurately on the receiving log and place signed invoice in the
designated secured area.
- Assist in keeping refrigerated cases and display shelves
properly stocked and faced at all times according to product
movement and department standards.
- Code date and rotate all prepared cuts or product placed in
temporary storage areas to ensure proper product rotation, quality
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in
compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations
on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Notify meat manager of personnel situations or policy
violations affecting store operating performance or of situations
requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
customer actions and behavior; report to manager or security any
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
- Communicate temperature irregularities to department team
- Contribute to the control of department expenses and energy
conservation practices; control excessive use of utilities and
water and observe sound conservation practices.
- Greet all customers and maintain good customer relations by
providing them with prompt and courteous service and
- Contribute towards ensuring a favorable department image with
customers through a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Maintain good communications with superiors and coworkers
throughout the organization.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise store director or the key person in charge of any
maintenance or equipment problems.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures and ensure that all
department personnel follow as well.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High School education preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship/training program or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in
English in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to
accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or
assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate
effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and
tools; company handbooks, policies and procedures; and other
written job related documents.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with all of the
various cuts and types of meat products sold in the department
including recommended uses or cooking methods and store/department
procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug
free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug
Free Workplace Act of 1988;
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Successful performance requires vision abilities that include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to lift up to 70 pounds carrying cartons of poultry,
cases of meat products, deli merchandise, etc. be able to climb a
ladder to retrieve items stored in overhead racks such as trays and
wrapping material; be able to sweep and mop floors and lift and
carry out trash containers to be emptied in an outside bin.
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to
respond quickly to fire or other emergencies and sufficient
dexterity to disassemble, clean and adjust meat department
equipment or to clear label jams, etc.
- Be able to work in an environment that has fresh fruits,
vegetables, and latex gloves without negative allergic consequences
that adversely affect performance.
- The work environment includes continuous duties in refrigerated
cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with
occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at
temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- The work environment includes working on surfaces that can be
wet and slippery.
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate;
however, on occasion, it can be extremely noisy when the employee
must enter the compressor/machine room to check on refrigeration
equipment or when working with power tools and equipment.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban
the Box Law).
Keywords: Northgate Markets, Anaheim , Meat Clerk - Store #03 PT, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!