Posted on: June 13, 2021
Willdan Performance Engineering, a division of Willdan Group,
inspires and empowers communities by creating transformational
environments. Our clients include school districts; universities;
city, county, and state governments; private enterprises; and
healthcare facilities. Our guiding principles are as follows:
- We drive change
- We think long-term
- We are courageous experts delivering ambitious solutions
- Personal growth drives organizational growth; Organizational
growth drives personal growth
- We succeed when we are accountable as a team
- We cultivate diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams committed
to serving our communities
We are currently looking for an electrical engineer to expand
our Distributed Energy Resources work. The selected candidate will
become a part of a growing organization with year-over-year revenue
growth, competitive benefits, and a diverse project workload. The
job responsibilities and required skills are described below.
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
The Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for leading the
design of building energy conservation projects with a focus on
Electrical Infrastructure Systems, Solar PV Systems, Battery
Storage Systems, Microgrids, and Electric Vehicle Charging Systems.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Electrical
Engineering. The candidate must have experience in design and
construction of distributed energy resource systems (solar PV,
battery energy storage, electric vehicle charging). The ideal
candidate will also demonstrate success in the following skills and
- Be fully capable of leading design teams in meeting the project
goals in a team-focused environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as
well as interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and concepts in
both written and oral form.
- Experience with facility electrical distribution systems is
- Solar PV design experience is required.
- Installation or construction administration experience is
- Microgrid design and construction experience is preferred.
- Experience with Energy Toolbase software is a plus.
- Experience with relevant IECC and NEC codes preferred.
- Experience with Revit is a plus.
- Some travel is required.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Design solar PV systems, battery storage systems, and electric
vehicle charging systems for a wide variety of clients. Develop
full construction drawing sets and engineering specifications for
- Design and deliver one-line diagrams, plan drawings, and site
plans for bidding and construction.
- Respond to contractor submittals, AHJ reviews, and RFIs
according to project requirements, codes, client goals, and our
- Accountable for project design compliance with engineering
principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and
- Write persuasive documents describing facility improvement
opportunities and solutions. Present findings clearly and
professionally to peers and clients.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of customers to
determine needs and applications relative to special installations
- Interact with sales, project management, construction, and
commissioning to deliver a high-quality outcome.
- Develop and/or maintain a network of vendor technology partners
offering innovative DER solutions and regularly integrate different
DER components into customer solutions.
- General knowledge of codes and specifications required by
federal, state, and local agencies, as well as recommended
practices for our projects nationally.
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, religious
creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin,
ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability,
medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions,
genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification
protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan
does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability
where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably
accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process, please notify us.
Keywords: Willdan, Anaheim , Electrical Engineer, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!