Environmental, Health and SafetyManager
Company: Stepan Company
Posted on: October 9, 2021
We are seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to
champion EHS&S at Stepan's manufacturing sitein Anaheim,
California. The EHS&S Manager will engage with the plant by
leading and coordinating continuousimprovement activities for
- Provides safety programs and policies.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of site specific
procedures, work as a team member with AreaSafety Teams &
- Conduct program and policy reviews and provide recommendations
for program improvements.
- Develop new programs or update existing programs and policies
- Provide plant wide leadership and influence to improve
organizational safety performance
Environmental, Health, Safety, & Security Reporting
- Primary contact for governmental reporting agencies and assures
that EHS, RCMS & PSM requirementsare clearly defined and adhered to
by departmental managers.
- Maintain/achieve site VPP star status by ensuring EHS&S
compliance with PSM regulations.
- Participates in safety procedure/program reviews and
- Identification of trends in incidents and near miss reports and
ensures actions are completed to addressroot causes in a cost
effective and timely manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding state and federal
regulation and best practices.
- Provide plant employee safety training.
- Develop, prioritize and implement training projects or programs
to protect people, processes, products andenvironment from
exposures to injury, risk or economic loss.
- Assist conducting plant wide safety meetings on various safety
topics to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct with new hire safety orientation to ensure regulatory
- Develop targeted safety training projects as requested.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate safety, environmental health,
Responsible Care, training and loss controlactivities toward
- Provides and supports safety leadership to all plant functions,
to develop proactive approaches, to safetyand to achieve plant and
company goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance during plant turnarounds, and other
- Serve as the site's Security Officer ensuring compliance with
5-7 years of experience in EHS &S in a manufacturing
environment is required
Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental Management or
related field is required
Established in 1932,
Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate
chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty
ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional
products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface
cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing
locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of
growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career
opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals
at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving
our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team
members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial
spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving
We celebrate diversity
at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive
environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Stepan Company, Anaheim , Environmental, Health and SafetyManager, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!