Director of Maintenance
Company: First Transit
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Join the First Transit team as Director of Maintenance
and supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support
vehicles to company and OCTA contract requirements. This role
oversees the functions of two transit bus maintenance facilities in
Anaheim and Irvine, each with their own maintenance manager. The
Director of Maintenance must have expertise in managing multiple
shop facilities, allocating resources, and ensuring there is a
balance between shop resources and performance.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Attractive salary based on experience & qualifications
- Career advancement opportunities nationwide!
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
Director of Maintenance
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in
troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Actively allocates, shifts, and deploys resources based upon
the needs of each shop. Focuses on finding balance of
resources necessary for each shop to address changing needs and
- Communicates constantly with the General Manager to ensure
maintenance and operational goals are aligned and on track.
- In relation to subordinates in a union environment, is
responsible for employment decisions, training and development;
planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee
complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Ensures both shops operate within the approved budget.
Accurately forecasts expenses monthly, developing budgets and
managing staff to ensure KPIs, budgets, and forecasts are met.
Works closely with the location and region management teams
providing maintenance status and budget updates.
- In the absence of a Maintenance Manager, the Director of
Maintenance will cover the responsibilities until the Manager
- Complies with both First Transit and client (OCTA’s) policies,
procedures, and documentation.
- Advocates for continuous improvement of technician skills and
participation in ASE certification program. Ensures that
technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are
properly equipped, and are motivated so that the maintenance
program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective
- Ensures a safe environment exists and all maintenance
activities comply with State, Federal and Company
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduce operating costs.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Director of Maintenance job requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s,
Bachelor’s, or Technical training preferred.
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience,
- Direct automotive, diesel, CNG or alternative fuel repair
experience. Transit bus experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong employee management skills, including experience in a
- Financial and budget forecasting experience is required.
- Ability to prioritize company and client objectives along with
PMIs and breakdowns.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent computer skills
- Master ASE certification strongly preferred. Must be willing to
obtain ASEs and promote ASE program to staff.
- Subject to a drug screen
Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and
management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and
outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from
other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Anaheim , Director of Maintenance, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!