Affordable Housing Administrative Assistant
Company: UDR Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2021
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are adding a Affordable
Housing Administrative Assistant to our operations team in
Southern, CA. This position will support multiple properties and
office out of 27 Seventy Five, our apartment community located in
Costa Mesa, CA.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for maintaining compliance,
monitoring and management of Affordable Housing Programs, including
processing new applicants, renewals, maintaining waitlists, and
ensuring compliance with local and state regulations for multiple
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Affordable Housing Program
- Update the application renewal and affordable unit leasing
documentation as necessary.
- Process applications for Affordable Housing and Section 8
applicants including credit and resident certification.
- Approve qualified applications.
- Maintain participant files to ensure completeness of required
documentation and verifications.
- Educate and advise residents regarding program issues.
- Conduct program orientations for participants as needed.
- Keep up to date on affordable housing policy changes and
confirm that the community(s) follows local and state rules and
- Work with respective monitoring agents and program
administrators to ensure that rents and income levels are being set
at their maximum allowable levels.
- Review utility allowance schedules to confirm that the Company
is in compliance and recognizing the greatest possible net
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external
- Prepare and confirm required data entry to update month-end
- Investigate and take appropriate action for fraud, unreported
- Ensure that actions taken are correct and timely.
- Provide backup to sales as needed to assist and interact with
prospects by answering questions, lease terms, and the local
- Provide assistance for the community(s) as needed with reports
and tasks associated with the operation of the community and
actions to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and company
- Provide assistance to Business Manager team to diligently
collect rent, utility payments, and fees to reduce delinquency and
bad debt write offs. And perform administrative tasks associated
with site operations including, accounting and financial reporting,
reconciling resident accounts, and performing other clerical tasks
- Assist with resident communication as needed.
- Assist other communities, as necessary or as requested.
- Create, update, and conduct periodic Affordable Housing Program
training for UDR associates.
- Complete internal training for market-rate: One-Site Navigation
and Prospects, move-ins and rent, and move-outs.
- Complete internal training for affordable housing: One-Site
Navigation of Receipts and Waitlists, Certifications and
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years experience in residential properties,
property management or related business operation is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with federal housing
programs, financial eligibility determination, other affordable
- Accounting and Insurance experience is a plus.
- OneSite software experience is a plus.
- Bachelor s degree and equivalent experience, required.
Career Development and Advancement
We offer ongoing education opportunities to encourage the skillset
development of our employees and have a validated culture of
enhancing the growth and advancement of their individual career
goals. We are proud to announce the promotion of 228 employees in
2020, that s an average of 19 associates promoted per month. We
believe our employees are the organization's most important
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, Company matched 401(k),
vacation and personal time (up to 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4
personal days, and 2 floating holidays per year) plus company
observed holidays, discounts to live in our best-in-class
communities, tuition reimbursement, company sponsored events,
community service days, and our annual President's Club held in Las
Vegas, honoring our associates for their exceptional customer
service and operational excellence.
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest
owners and managers of residential apartment communities. Become a
part of a company that is the industry leader of transformational
change and operational innovation!
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: UDR Inc., Anaheim , Affordable Housing Administrative Assistant, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!