Senior Systems Admin
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Windows environment, 222 window servers
- SQL, storage exp
- Need a high level SAN person, know SAN storage, how to care,
- Run projects, project heavy environment the next 2-4 years
- Senior role to grow to AVP in next few years
- No formal direct reports but will be mentoring, need experience
- Must have regulatory experience. If not healthcare, then HIPPA
or SOX Compliance Job SummaryWe are looking for a Senior IT
Engineer who will act as an independent decision maker when
performing normal job duties and tasks including configuring
servers, equipment and applications, determining appropriate
engineering tools to be used, and troubleshooting and remediation
of issues.Document and maintain IT procedures and network/system
configurations, remediate audit findings and analyze system, event
and performance logs for troubleshooting or enhancement purposes.
Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application
protocols, group policy and active directory design, configuration
and troubleshooting as well as scripting language skills for
automation. Manage assigned remediation findings, research and
suggest information security enhancements including hardware,
software and design improvements, and research/recommend network,
software, and hardware solutions. Lead multifaceted projects,
advising management and team members of optimal resolution for
requests or enhancements. Research, deploy, and troubleshoot
network/software applications and solutions, plans and coordinates
the design, testing and implementation of network/software
installs, upgrades and changes. Evaluate and recommend new
technologies, provide application and system training to IT staff,
perform root cause analysis, implement, and adhere to appropriate
security procedures, auditing of networks, systems and
applications, and scripting language skills for automation. This
position is based in our Anaheim Hills, CA office with flexibility
to a Hybrid - Remote Schedule. Responsibilities
- Support and maintain the network infrastructure, servers and
network applications including the virtual environment, storage,
switches, routers, firewalls, cyber security devices, network
services, patch management, and virus checking. Act as an
independent decision maker when working on engineering duties
including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of
applications, servers and hardware devices to ensure accurate and
- Configure and deploy virtual servers and associated SAN and LUN
provisioning including a solid understand and a working knowledge
of VMware and Citrix environments. Support and maintain network
applications and services including DNS, DHCP, active directory,
and group policy. Support and maintain network applications and
services including DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, active directory, and
- Support and maintain the Windows server environment and
network/desktop applications. Perform daily, weekly, monthly duties
and procedures as related to network/system administration
including Windows updates and 3 rd party application patching.
- Work with department and business unit management to
comprehensively evaluate current system use, review current and
upcoming technologies, and recommend system solutions/architectures
to support existing and future business needs. Evaluate security of
network hardware, software and applications prior to implementation
and maintain knowledge of industry security vulnerabilities.
- Provide operational and on-call rotation support as required in
a 24/7 environment.
- Ensure the highest level of support through proactive problem
ownership and management, and adherence to change management
- Work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
Research problems using third-party documentation and employ
creative problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrate critical evaluation skills and the ability,
initiative, and drive to perform root cause analysis in order to
proactively avoid outages and downtime.
- Provide back-end and front-line support during all mergers and
- Perform other related duties as assigned or
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 8+ years of progressive IT experience, including in a 300+
seat, multi-site environment.
- Current and valid CA driver's license and satisfactory current
driving record with DMV.
- Automobile insurance that includes minimum liability coverage
as required by state law.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Possess industry certifications (MCSE, VCP, Citrix, CCNA, PMP,
CISSP, etc.) or equivalent education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Episys, Microsoft SQL, personal computing
systems, Microsoft Office, and network operating systems.
- Experience working at a credit union or within the financial
services industry.Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in a
- Maintain a positive and professional behavior and appearance
credit union Members, Team Members, management and board.
- Demonstrate creativity in the problem-solving process.
- Keep all credit union and Member information confidential.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with
staff in other departments.
- Comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training
requirements including but not limited to Information Security,
OFAC and BSA regulations corresponding to assigned job duties.
- Must meet all mandatory annual training requirements as
applicable to this position.
- Ability to meet deadlines and conduct research.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluative
- Applied knowledge of LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, and voice applications
- Applied knowledge in networking protocols (DHCP, DNS, AD, GP),
active directory, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, NAT, RIP, EIGRP),
VLAN's, network prioritization.
- Applied knowledge in virtual server, network storage,
replication and backup technologies.
- Applied knowledge with Cisco and Velocloud - firewalls,
switches, routers and VPN's.
- Understanding of SIP Telephony, especially as it is applied on
Genesis CIC Contact Center switches.
- Working knowledge of computer network systems, operations and
- Practical, working knowledge of personal computing systems,
Microsoft Office, and network operating systems.
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Anaheim , Senior Systems Admin, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!