Area Mgr- Entertainment
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Entertainment Area Manager is a leadership position that
influences, teaches and motivates Entertainment Stage Managers in
an entertainment operations line of business. You will ensure the
leadership and development of salaried leaders that provide an
organized and safe operation, promote a positive Guest experience,
increase Cast engagement and safeguard our brand. You will provide
additional capacity to the Operations Manager through assistance
with project management while supporting the team efforts to
improve Guest service standards; recognize/coach Cast behaviors;
and manage the business through Key Business Drivers. The role
could be in Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, or
support Entertainment Operations Hotel Dining Offerings.
You will report to an Operations Manager.
- Perform as a leader of leader for Stage Managers. Including: 1
on 1 check-ins with salaried direct reports, creation of Leader
Schedules and enhance overall performance of team through
building/supporting an inclusive, positive culture.
- Project management support for Operations Manager
- Develop operations roll call/briefings strategy; participation
in departmental meetings and communication of relevant information
to Cast Members.
- Execute area/park/DLR initiatives to drive positive Guest &
- Workforce Management/ Scheduling strategies
- Entertainment Stage Management coverage to support Operation,
Cast and Entertainment Stage Manager team
- Work with key partners to resolve issues and remove barriers -
includes working with Labor Relations and Employee Relations, make
disciplinary decisions, help with return to work issues and
escalated Cast concerns.
- Work with peers across other LOBs in the neighborhood or across
the park/site. Manage communication to broad range of
- Work with Entertainment Stage Managers to monitor staffing and
other expenses while driving revenue/profit.
- Observe performances and Entertainment offerings. Provide
feedback to Entertainment Stage Managers to ensure quality
Entertainment in alignment with the brand.
Basic Qualifications :
- 4+ years of leadership/managerial experience leading a team in
an operational or related environment
- Ability to drive positive results of an operation (i.e.
operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs,
- Encourage positive operational cast and guest service
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends,
variable shifts and holidays
- Prior experience or at the Disneyland Resort in an
entertainment role (e.g. character, parade performer, shows and
atmosphere performer, musician) or other experience in the
entertainment industry (e.g. show calling experience or other
- Participation in a BERG or other DEI initiatives
- Experience leading in a union environment
- Bilingual skills
Required Education :
- High school degree or equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you
live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits,
educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can
provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World , Anaheim , Area Mgr- Entertainment, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!