Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Optical
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Optical - If you want to join a stable,
billion dollar company with a family-like culture, apply now!This
Jobot Job is hosted by: Jennifer ThomasAre you a fit? Easy Apply
now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.A
bit about us:We are a Global Leader in liquid analytical
measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial
process engineering. We provide process solutions for flow, level,
pressure, analytics, temperature, recording and digital
communications, optimizing processes in terms of economic
efficiency, safety and environmental impact. Our company works in
various industries, including chemical, food & beverage, life
sciences, power & energy, primaries & metal, oil & gas and water &
wastewater.Why join us?
- Excellent Compensation Plan
- 100% Paid Benefits / 401K Match
- Excellent PTO (9 holidays, 2 weeks vacation, 2 floating
holidays and your birthday off)
- Flexible hours (start early/leave early OR start later and
- Family-like company culture
- Work/Life Balance (they have an actual written policy about
- Room for Growth
- Fun people to work with, as well
- Lowest turnover of many organizationsJob DetailsThe Sr.
Research and Development Mechanical Engineer for Optical performs
optical engineering design improvement and support on current
designs. Performs mechanical engineering related functions, as
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware and software engineering
and integrate designs into optical measurement system, and
- Prepare and review product design drawings and production
working drawings and support production lines with the
interpretation of design standards.
- Mentor, develop, and train hardware/software engineer to
complete assigned work.
- Support research and development projects across international
teams for Optical business unit and other groups.
- Train and help marketing and service to effectively support and
- Assist in the marketing of new applications.
- Help create BOMs and test equipment for transfer of prototypes
to production series.
- Help evaluate and find correct vendors and sub-suppliers for
work to be performed.
- Travel to Germany and/or customer sites to develop field tests
and applications and solve complex customer issues on-site on a
limited basis. Requirements:Education/Training: Bachelor's Degree
in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related
field is required. A Master's Degree is a plus. *Experience in
standard materials testing procedures (e.g., ASTM) is
desirable.Experience/Certification: Five (5+) years of experience
in mechanical engineering design and development. Experience in
photometry, spectrometry and colorimetry design is required and 3+
years of experience in optical engineering and hardware development
is desirable. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ year experience with Solidworks CAD system. Experience in
ProE Wildfire/Creo with Windchill/ECTR is a plus.
- Knowledge of design principles involving photometry,
spectrometry, colorimetry, optical component/software tool and
manufacturing and product applications. Must be familiar with
- Knowledge of project management to organize, prioritize and
assign tasks to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to conduct and manage design tasks.
- Ability to analyze and solve engineering hardware and firmware
- Ability to interact effectively with engineers, vendors,
management, and others.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now
by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Anaheim , Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Optical, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!