Program Aide ADHC
Company: Meals On Wheels OC
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionMeals on Wheels Orange County is the largest
nonprofit provider of nutrition and supportive services for at-risk
older adults. It is committed to erasing hunger and loneliness for
at-risk older adults through nutritious meals, friendly visits and
safety checks, and keeping families together through day services.
Through its critical services, the organization delivers nearly 2
million meals to 20,000 at-risk older adults each year throughout
Central and North Orange County. Meals on Wheels Orange County is a
dba of Community SeniorServ, Inc.JOB SUMMARY: Under the general
direction of the Program Director, assists Certified Nurse's
Assistant(s) and Kitchen Supervisor with general assignments for
the care and safety of participants. Assists the Activity
Coordinator in educational and social programs.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Greets participants. Assists with record keeping pertaining to
- Serves breakfast, lunch and snacks. Assists the participant in
meal seating, cutting food, feeding and clean up.
- Assists Activity Coordinator with daily group and individual
activities, such as exercise, games and crafts as required.
- Takes and maintains charting for participant's weight, blood
pressure and pulse as directed.
- Assists participants to bathroom as supervised by nursing
- Assists in housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assists in therapy duties as supervised by the Therapy
- Assists in kitchen duties as supervised by the Kitchen
- Immediately reports to nursing staff any concerns regarding
- Performs other tasks as requested. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Must have two to three years' experience working with the
- Experience in providing care-giving services, which includes
assisting elderly or disabled adults in walking, transferring and
- Experience in providing structured activity programs to the
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have current certification in CPR and first aid
- Must pass post-offer physical examination and obtain
tuberculosis clearance.PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Constantly remains in a stationary position and frequently
- Frequently operates equipment, computers, or tools.
- Occasionally extends body, arms or hands as needed to perform
essential duties and responsibilities.
- Occasionally ascends/descends and positions self as needed to
complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Frequently speaks, communicates, interprets or exchanges
- Constantly perceives objects over moderate or long distances,
with or without accommodation.
- Occasionally distinguishes differences or similarities in
intensity or quality of flavors and odors.
- Occasionally moves, transports, and positions objects weighing
up to 25 pounds. MEALS ON WHEELS OC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Meals On Wheels OC, Anaheim , Program Aide ADHC, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!