Company: Honda Center
Posted on: November 15, 2022
A great experience starts with you!
Honda Center welcomes fans, performers, and athletes from around
the globe. Our team members are an integral part of the event
experience through their interactions with guests. Whether you're
looking to create a great guest experience at a concert, support
business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes during an
Anaheim Ducks game, or anything in-between, this is your
opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help
create a one-of-a-kind fan experience at Honda Center.
Once you've had a chance to explore our current open positions,
apply to the ones you feel best suit you, as an applicant, you can
always see your application status in your profile.
Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by
assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. Cooks will assist in menu
production and event execution by working specific locations and
stations within the arena. Cooks have a solid understanding of
specific station prep and specific equipment set-up. Cooks possess
specific menu knowledge and work with all culinary team members to
ensure safety and sanitation standards are maintained in all areas
at all times. This is a part-time, event-based position located in
the Food and Beverage Department of Anaheim Arena Management, LLC
- Accurately follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on
the current menu.
- Display knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and food
- Create specific menu items according to recipes and specific
- Perform a variety of kitchen duties, including, but not limited
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed vegetables and fruits.
- Clean, cut, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dip food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients.
- Ensure that food temperature, food quality and appearance of
prepared food meet AAM's established standards. Store foods in
designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements
and food spoilage.
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs and use proper
equipment and temperature controls to monitor temperatures.
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation
standards; especially as it pertains to use of equipment.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO
method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Identify the presence of any of the eight most common food
allergens within AAM's menu items, and follow AAM's procedures
regarding these allergens.
- 1) Milk; 2) Eggs; 3) Fish (bass, flounder, cod); 4) Shellfish
(shrimp, crab, lobster);
- 5) Wheat; 6) Peanuts; 7) Tree nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts);
and 8) Soybeans
- Engage with venue guests and team members to ensure exceptional
hospitality is provided to all guests at all times.
- Display familiarity with the arena, efficiently navigate the
arena and assist guests in navigating the arena.
- Work with counterparts in the operations departments to ensure
that quality service is provided during all events.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Other responsibilities and/or tasks as deemed appropriate by
the Food & Beverage management team at AAM.
- Being a Cook is demanding and invigorating, gratifying and fun.
- Cooks are committed and passionate and love multi-tasking and
the intensity of working under pressure.
- Cooks strive to create high quality, and good food
- Cooks build on their skills and improve and expand their base
of knowledge every day.
- Cooks believe in constant improvement.
- Cooks are the ultimate team players and respect their fellow
employees, chefs, managers, vendors, and customers.Skills
- Ability to handle the execution of a project promptly.
- Ability to work in a variety of unique kitchen
- Minimum of 90 days of experience as a Cook3at AAM or equivalent
- Possess a general understanding of cooking techniques.
- Ability to work at multiple stations in a kitchen.
- Possess solid knife skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends
andvarious timesof the day.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures.
- Maintain Safe Food Handler Certification.
- Working knowledge of state and local health code
requirementsCompany:Anaheim Arena Management, LLC (F&B)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Honda Center, Anaheim , Cook, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!