Veterans Preferred - Operations Supervisor - Hauling
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Operations Supervisor
-As an Operations Supervisor at Republic Services, you are
responsible for the safety and well-being of the most important
asset at our company - our employees. As a people leader, you will
have the chance to solve problems, create opportunities and deliver
exceptional service to our customers and communities. As a key
member of the leadership team, you will both understand the big
picture of where we are going as a company, while being hands-on in
the day-to-day operation to make it happen.What you will do: -
- Attract, hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Drivers,
Helpers, and/or Dispatchers.
- Prioritize safety through accident prevention programs,
including accountability for safe behaviors, conducting safety
meetings, and maintaining a safety focused culture. -
- Optimize our business by creating, modifying, and improving
routes to maximize efficiency.
- Gather and review customer feedback to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty to the Company Provide coaching, feedback,
and exposure to challenging assignments for team members.
- Collaborate frequently with colleagues across departments, such
as sales and maintenance teams, to ensure business and operational
goals are achieved.
- Implement engagement programs to attract new employees and
drive existing employee loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
- Establish productivity goals where needed, ensure adherence to
operating standards, and manage labor hours and expenses closely.
-What -you will need to be successful: -
- Previous knowledge or experience of leading in a safety-focused
- Capacity to lead diverse teams of individuals to perform at
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and work outside in all
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers and
colleagues with respect.
- A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in
the right way.
- Comfort using technology (i.e., Microsoft Office, App-Based
Software, Web-Based Software).
- Desire to help others and be a team player. -Why you will love
- You will have the ability to make a positive impact on the
company and team by creating opportunities for our colleagues to
serve our communities at their best.
- You will get the chance to take ownership of important
priorities and flex your leadership muscle.
- You will be a part of a team that has earned awards such as
"Most Admired Company of 2021".
- You will stay active and engaged with your team, your
customers, and our communities - shifting between office and field
throughout the day.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and
- You will work for a company that cares about you, with great
benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
- You will work alongside diverse colleagues who are committed to
serving our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our
inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and
our confidential employee experience survey. Why choose
Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job,
it's about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world
together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and
impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a
company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share
in our aspirations to join our team: - We protect our colleagues
and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day. - We
are committed to serving our customers and communities by going
above and beyond to exceed expectations. - We take action to
improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally
responsible and creating a more sustainable world. - We are driven
to deliver results in the right way. - We encourage a human
centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of
every person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Anaheim , Veterans Preferred - Operations Supervisor - Hauling, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!