Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, AAV and Biologics Production
Company: Vecprobio, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV and Biologics
At VecproBio, we are creating the next generation of manufacturing
technologies for viral vector production. Our novel plant-based
platform solves the existing problems of speed, flexibility,
scalability and safety in viral vector manufacturing while
dramatically reducing production costs. Our goal is to enable
global and equitable access to life changing genetic therapies.
In this role, you would support AAV vector and other biologics
production to support development of our manufacturing platform,
internal R&D and external client needs. -You would have the
opportunity to make significant contributions in our dynamic
start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees
- Characterize critical viral vector attributes such as titer,
purity, and endotoxin levels.
- Coordinate production needs with internal teams and manage
- Assist with small scale AAV vector production, purification and
- Assist with additional small scale biologics production,
purification and analysis.
- Assist with management of plasmid inventory, vector libraries
and cell banks.
- Assist with the development of chromatography purification of
AAV and other biologics
- Author technical reports.
- Perform other related duties as required. -Requirements:
- BS/MS in molecular biology, virology, or related fields.
- Experience with plasmid design, production and current methods
in DNA synthesis and molecular cloning.
- Experience in AAV viral vector production, purification and
analysis; experience in an industry-setting is highly desired.
- Experience in other biologics production, purification and/or
- Familiarity with using lab-scale production platforms for viral
- Familiarity with protein analysis methods including SDS-PAGE
and western blotting.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid analysis methods including
qPCR/ddPCR and gel electrophoresis.
- Familiarity in maintaining production cell lines and tiered
- Demonstrated skills in vector characterization methods.
- Demonstrated skills in sterile tissue culture techniques.
- Ability to proactively manage inventory of supplies, ordering
reagents and consumables.
- Critical thinking, analytic skills and trouble-shooting
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong record keeping
- Capability to multi-task, be independent, self-motivated, as
well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which
requires flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and
The level of this role will be based on candidate's skills and
?VecproBio is an emerging company located in San Diego, California.
-We offer highly competitive compensation and employee programs,
equity in our early-stage company, and relocation assistance if
applicable. -We are dedicated to fostering a workplace that keeps
our team inspired and engaged. -We offer an inclusive company
culture where employees feel respected and valued. -
VecproBio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation,
veteran -status, -or any other protected categories.
Send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Vecprobio, Inc., Anaheim , Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, AAV and Biologics Production, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!