Studio Supervisor (Hybrid)
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: November 19, 2022
**This is a Hybrid role where you will be working in the office
3 days/week. - Summary: WCU is seeking a media professional who is
passionate about creating leading edge educational content and
learning experiences that will define the future of online
learning. This role will report to our Director, Innovation at the
newly created Innovation Lab Studio and supports the organization
with creative thinking and outstanding technical execution that
transcends traditional higher education content, delivery,
assessment, and use of technology. The Innovation Lab aims to
infuse best production practices and groundbreaking learning
experience design into our healthcare emphasis in higher education,
to improve student engagement which ultimately translates into
enduring and exceptional outcomes. The Post-Production Supervisor
will act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for the
Innovation Lab's production and post-production studio located in
Anaheim, CA. This role will have organizational and creative skills
to produce and edit compelling short-form content while managing a
growing media library. A strong working knowledge of
industry-standards, multimedia production technology, including
software and hardware are essential. - Responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end video production and post-production
pipeline for work created in the Innovation Lab Studio, including
editing, finishing and delivery of final media assets.
- Create a studio scheduling process, production calendar and
booking system for the Innovation Lab Studio.
- Partner with internal and external creative professionals,
production companies. Projects will include collaboration with
roles such as faculty, subject matter experts, showrunner, learning
experience designers, and university leadership to deliver project
deliverables on time.
- Help establish, maintain, and communicate production and
post-production protocol relating to the use of the Studio to
create a wide variety of educational video genres ranging from
scripted narrative episodic series, live broadcasts, high quality
Masterclass-style lectures, and YouTube-style content.
- Oversee live shoots, with high production value and quick
turnarounds, utilizing in-house and/or external resources and
delivering final productions on time.
- Oversee the tagging, organization, storage and archiving of all
audio and video assets.
- Ability to professionally light and shoot interviews in studio
- Lead the QC process to ensure all footage and audio from the
studio meets the necessary technical standards, including but not
- Identifying camera, lens, lighting, and/or audio issues and
basic color adjustments in Resolve.
- Lead the editing of single and multi-camera video from
ingestion of raw footage to final deliverables.
- Create stylized program elements such as show opens, elements,
- Collaborate with independent production vendors and internal
- Oversee the archive of all video assets.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customers, student, associate,
and/or university information as required.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as
scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and
attends in-services and other required meetings. Ethical
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the College's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance
Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or
college information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department
equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes
- May perform other duties as assigned - Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Film or equivalent experience -
- Minimum 2 years of video production and/or post-production
experience in short-form film, broadcast television, or digital
- 2-3 years' experience as an Editor or Assistant Editor.
- Post and editorial problem-solving ability.
- Experience in narrative/scripted and documentary/nonfiction
- Ability to take factual-based videos and present with engaging
- Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously
with a team-based approach.
- Experience conducting interviews and working with talent
including on camera hosts, experts, and professional actors.
- Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and
expertise with Blackmagic workflows (including operation of DaVinci
Resolve) is a big plus.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS as well as DaVinci
- Knowledge of different digital video formats with the ability
to work with a variety of frame rates and video codecs.
- Experience or knowledge of working with livestreams and
- Experience as an instructional designer(s) or teacher/educator
or significant experience working on productions in conjunction
with these roles is a big plus.
- Experience in developing simulations, learning games, and
story-based or problem-based learning experience is a big plus. -
- Demonstrated ability to manage the production process from
pre-production to delivery.
- Detail-oriented, submerses themselves in the content & subject
matter to deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent communicator.
- Experience with large projects and big teams as well as small
- Knowledge of the digital media space and social content.
- Solutions-focused individual with excellent organizational
- A mindset of delivering multiple options for key stakeholders
to make educated decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact
with internal stakeholders.
- A self-starter who loves collaboration and is open to feedback,
comfortable working independently as well as in cross-functional
- Impressive presentation and communication skills, both verbally
- Ability to navigate in ambiguous situations while delivering
meaningful and documented results.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (technology,
- Strong bias for action.
- Valid driver's license. "LI-CM1" "HEJ"ABOUT USFor over 100
years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing
students for professional careers across our six campuses located
in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our
unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education
you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West
Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission
is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to
professional success. We deliver transformational education within
a culture of integrity and personal accountability. Our benefited
faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Anaheim , Studio Supervisor (Hybrid), Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!